ok so bit of an update of things i did afew months ago,
finally got another brake/clutch switch and late a32 maxima / early y61 gu patrol steering wheel switch and put those in. it is the oem switch that bolts in to this steering wheel
got a full a32 nissan maxima cluster for some pins and the "cruise" light in the cluster.
i took apart both the stagea and maxima clusters and cut the "cruise" light out of the maxima one and slowly using acetone on a cotton bud, removed the black tint stuff and orange from the "O/D OFF" light as my c34 is manual so i dont need it.
clear nail polish cleans up the acetone job and makes it more clear
then i superglued the "cruise" light to the c34 cluster strip.
i then had to cut a small slit into the trace for the light pin i chose as unlike i originally thought, one end of the traces is NOT connected to ground so i needed to bridge it to ground with the solder pads i made and a bridging wire.
you cant see it very well as the photo i took is terrible but the final product is a fully oem looking clearly visible "cruise" light when i activate the cruise control.
next in the list of things to do is take the steering wheel off and investigate a bolt in solution for the clock springs by testing a early y61 gu patrol clock spring i got from a wrecker and i might then if successful make up some "kits" that will be a little bit more difficult to install than a headunit/sub amp and will require some amount of mechanical knowledge.
^ some testing i did with acetone on the junk maxima cluster. i found to make it as clear as possible it is best to do one small light wipe with the cotton bud then use a fresh section of cotton but to limit contamination.