SAU Community

No Power To Fuel Pump For Starting

hi every 1, last night my mates R33 series 2 skyline died on him. went down to check and after looking at a number of things found no fuel goin to rail.

Today we had another look at it at mine and found the fuel pump wasnt going when the ign is turned on. we checked the fuse and tried the relay out of my 33 and it was exactly the same.

We then checked power at the relay terminals, and found there isnt any power going to the relay to switch it. i bridged the power to the fuel pump and it starts & runs fine (after a jump start)!

Just wondering if any 1 has had a similar problem. i have no idea where the signal power comes from to turn on the relay in the r33's so any tips or things to check would be great.

Not sure if your car has one, but it could be the fuel pump contol module. On a 32 GTR they're behind the trim, right hand side of the rear seat.

+1

you can bypass this by direct earthing the fuel pump to the body and see if she fires up. It will be better this way also as the pump will get a full 12v minimum all the time.

it has had a second earth put on just out of the pump b4 my mate got the car.

is the fuel pump control module along the standard earth wire?? or does it change + to the pump aswell, if so that could b the problem as i think thers only a problem with the power.

• 4 months later...

I have about the same problem. I wired the RB25 harness in my R32 and everything was fine. I started it a few time so there was no problem there. Yesterday I hooked everything up (intercooler piping, radiator ect) and the car didn't start. No I see that my fuel guage is just hanging (it's WAY below empty). Today I checked to see if it is getting power at the fuel pump plug and nothing. What could this be?

I remember I had the same problem at first but one day it just fixed its self.