SAU Community

Police Corruption Aided By Political Corruption

Taso84

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TMU handle traffic/speeding violations...

General duties handle burglary etc...

Well it would be good to know what the percentage split is..... because the number of cops booking and ticketing seem to far outway those that actually give a rats about the REAL criminals...oh thats right we are in Victoria the cops have a vested interest in keeping the REAL crims on the streets....

and If they actually adhere to the split departments and the TMU will not respond to a robbery then we have even bigger problems.......remember we were not just reporting a robbery we actually had the bloke apprehended and his mate was attemping to get out onto the roof.....

When dealing with the police I have generally had no issues I am always polite and never argue as such most of the time pass their attitude test without a problem...but my most recent run in, was the last straw.....

5:45am sunday morning booked for doing 58kmh in a 50 zone...supposedly....

Now I know several things things for sure :

1) he didnt get me on a radar.

2) he followed me for no more than 400m

3) I had just left home about 800m away my ApexiFc said my top speed had so far at that point been 54kmh and my TWO GPS devices said max speed 52kmh...... so where was he getting his reading from I asked to see the radar and was told he was baseing his allegation on his speedo and him having followed me ...... wtf speedos are not accurate and particularly not that accurate at low speeds.

NOw because of this F*&^wit I have to take a day off work and fight this in court.....

ps : I never had these problems before driving a Skyline and doubted those who claimed that lines were targeted.......but I reckon they may be right.

I almost don't know where to start. I would say that out of almost 37,000 Vic pol members over time probably less than 100 have been charged with offences making them corrupt. If you judge corruption on if members pulls over someone speeding and it's one of their mates and lets them off with warning then 100% would be judged corrupt.

I have no doubts that public becoming more and more frustrated with police everyday as everything we deal with takes more and more time and thus tying up the units giving much worse reponse times.

TMU almost always free to pull over cars and fine them as that's all they do and for them to pull over car and issue fine takes them less than 5 minutes. Most TMU won't even come up and take on accident making the general duties van tied up with that also ontop of the other jobs we have and again leaving them free to pull over cars.

I could be tied up all shift easily with one offender depending on situation. Meaning 8 hours with no police covering up to 5 suburbs that I normally cover. That leaving one unit to cover 10 suburbs and they can easily get offender too tying them up.

It's almost luck of the draw with police reponse times. Sometimes we might get there in couple of minutes if we are free and close by and other times all units tied up and could be long time.

I guess I am good and bad I get to lots of jobs fast and catch lots of offenders in doing so but then I am tied up with those offenders for long time meaning all other jobs then have to wait.

You are also right most members will do almost anything to avoid catching offenders as they are TOO lazy to do the assciated paperwork. As I have been so busy I have had to start doing paperwork in my days off and before/after work unpaid, doesn't always encourage us to work hard. Depends on the member but the sad thing is 90% lazy these days.

Our other problem is most CIU are super LAZY and most of the time won't even attend scene of incidents or take good offenders like Armed Robbers etc on which is their only role, leaving us in general duties to do it.

We have had 2 Sgt's at our station retire recently due to these issues with no units to cover jobs and MORE and MORE paperwork in relation to everything we do making public safety pretty much impossible at present.

In realtion to different departments we have Uniform general duties, TMU, CIU, differnt major crime squads, K9, Air wing, Water Police, Mounted Branch, local DTU, Embona (armed RObbery), Youth LIason, Multi Cultural, Gay liason, SOCAU, Analysts etc etc the list goes on. The ONLY ones that will attend to help you when you call 000 are GENERAL DUTIES most others won't even assist us when it's their criteria.

I think out of 11, 000 police only about 20% are general duties. Alot of these are new area's and have come in under Christine Nixon that's why on paper we are not down on members but were are in reality about 3000 down on general duty uniform members.

At the moment cops can just see a car they may "think" is loud drive past, then enter it into the database and a standard EPA letter gets mailed out. Or they can just say "too low" without justification and we have to sort it out. Too easy.

I wish defecting/EPA issuing a vehicle involved a lot more paperwork (eg., writing up a detailed report, photos of the defect and relevant measurements, references to paragraphs in VSI, etc, etc). The crimes that ACTUALLY IMPACT on people's safety eg., drunk/negligent driving and violent crimes should have more streamlined paperwork. That way you get police power where it's needed... what a thought. If only....

In realtion to different departments we have Uniform general duties, TMU, CIU, differnt major crime squads, K9, Air wing, Water Police, Mounted Branch, local DTU, Embona (armed RObbery), Youth LIason, Multi Cultural, Gay liason, SOCAU, Analysts etc etc the list goes on. The ONLY ones that will attend to help you when you call 000 are GENERAL DUTIES most others won't even assist us when it's their criteria.

I think out of 11, 000 police only about 20% are general duties. Alot of these are new area's and have come in under Christine Nixon that's why on paper we are not down on members but were are in reality about 3000 down on general duty uniform members.

Gay Liason, wtf? :sick:

For an outspoken group that demands equality wtf is that..

Do they speak a different language or something?

Or would that be so they can agree on how best to waste resources every time they want to have a street party or march for who friggin knows what.

We know your here, we also know you're queer. Now why not try shutting the f**k up like everyone else.

Special..I wish I was special, so very special.

ot? you betcha!!

Well it would be good to know what the percentage split is..... because the number of cops booking and ticketing seem to far outway those that actually give a rats about the REAL criminals...oh thats right we are in Victoria the cops have a vested interest in keeping the REAL crims on the streets....

and If they actually adhere to the split departments and the TMU will not respond to a robbery then we have even bigger problems.......remember we were not just reporting a robbery we actually had the bloke apprehended and his mate was attemping to get out onto the roof.....

When dealing with the police I have generally had no issues I am always polite and never argue as such most of the time pass their attitude test without a problem...but my most recent run in, was the last straw.....

5:45am sunday morning booked for doing 58kmh in a 50 zone...supposedly....

Now I know several things things for sure :

1) he didnt get me on a radar.

2) he followed me for no more than 400m

3) I had just left home about 800m away my ApexiFc said my top speed had so far at that point been 54kmh and my TWO GPS devices said max speed 52kmh...... so where was he getting his reading from I asked to see the radar and was told he was baseing his allegation on his speedo and him having followed me ...... wtf speedos are not accurate and particularly not that accurate at low speeds.

NOw because of this F*&^wit I have to take a day off work and fight this in court.....

ps : I never had these problems before driving a Skyline and doubted those who claimed that lines were targeted.......but I reckon they may be right.

Before you go off to fight it in court, just keep in mind that Police are recognised estimators of speed, and police car speedos are calibrated and recognised to be accurate etc etc...

At the moment cops can just see a car they may "think" is loud drive past, then enter it into the database and a standard EPA letter gets mailed out. Or they can just say "too low" without justification and we have to sort it out. Too easy.

I wish defecting/EPA issuing a vehicle involved a lot more paperwork (eg., writing up a detailed report, photos of the defect and relevant measurements, references to paragraphs in VSI, etc, etc). The crimes that ACTUALLY IMPACT on people's safety eg., drunk/negligent driving and violent crimes should have more streamlined paperwork. That way you get police power where it's needed... what a thought. If only....

hit the nail right on the head there!

So Graeme,

Since general duties are down 3000 members, why dont they reallocate some members from TMU?

I know hooning and speeding etc etc.. are bad but arn't things like armed robbery, assault, drug dealing, gang activity worse?

It seems to me, and to alot of other ppl around here that TMU is being overstaffed and general duties understaffed purposefully in order to increase revenue.

As a side note ppl,

You will actually help "the situation" by disputing any/every driving offense in court. If you can afford it or are willing to represent urself then DO IT.

1) You will help clog up the justice system which will hopefully get so bad that TMU will have to restrain themselves more

2) If you win a case (dpending on the defense/circumstances) you could potentially set a precedent for others to use. Similar to the precedent regarding a 1st time speeding offense for 7ks over. (correct me any1 if i got this wrong)

Also for anyone that doesnt know you can choose to take to court any offense you recently (dont quote me on how recently) got done for but decided to just pay the ticket/infringement and be done with it. It actually doesn't count as a guilty plea so if you think/know u r innocent of an offense but just paid it, i encourage u to challenge it in court.

Remember, its innocent unless proven guilty.

I almost don't know where to start. I would say that out of almost 37,000 Vic pol members over time probably less than 100 have been charged with offences making them corrupt.

This may seem to be a low %, but how about all the others that haven't been charged because during their careers as officers, they learnt how to "work the system" so that they cant be caught/charged.

Again, this may seem to be a low %, but what does it say when the assistant commissioner is one of those 100. To me that would suggest a deep seeded organisational culture within the police force of corruption brought down from the top. At very best this culture could be one of simply turning a blind eye to corruption, at very worse it could encompass encouraging and promoting it.

The police always complain when criminals don't rat on each other and uphold the veil of secrecy, but the worse perpetrators of this are the police themselves. They are the ones that "look after each other" and don't dobb in corrupt officers. I remember when the OPI was set up there was huge resistance from within the police force since they will always look after themselves no matter what, even if it involves murder.

If any of you remember "4 corners" did a episode on this where the guy who was heading the OPI was sent death threats, was made an outcast and was villifyed by members within the force

For any of you out there that think police corruption is a small problem, you really have you head in the clouds. Its a massive problem

I estimate that the incidence of corruption is not less than 0.5% as Graeme suggests - I would put it at between 20% - 30% of the force judging by the stories I have heard. That is no joke, and if anything, conservative. Im not saying that 20-30% are full criminals that drug deal and murder, I'm saying 20-30% have in same way conducted themselves in a corrupt way, whether it be abusing their powers, taking bribes, getting out of speeding tickets etc etc

Edited by Taso84

I'm sure posting on a car forum with unsubstantied cliams and stories you heard while on the train will resolve the issue. Always does. Making up percentages like 20-30 percent is intresting enough, your investigation skills are suited to today tonight...Too much underbelly for you.

And I'm pretty sure you have conducted urself in a way that breaks the law on one or more occasions - so why do you feel like you have a opinion that matters? Which is a key point, cos you dont...

As for the whole world order thing over speeding tickets - mate dont speed its a pretty easy way to avoid it, crazy I know. Most of us have us with lives have more important things to do than focus on some bizzar theory.

I'm sure posting on a car forum with unsubstantied cliams and stories you heard while on the train will resolve the issue. Always does. Making up percentages like 20-30 percent is intresting enough, your investigation skills are suited to today tonight...Too much underbelly for you.

And I'm pretty sure you have conducted urself in a way that breaks the law on one or more occasions - so why do you feel like you have a opinion that matters? Which is a key point, cos you dont...

As for the whole world order thing over speeding tickets - mate dont speed its a pretty easy way to avoid it, crazy I know. Most of us have us with lives have more important things to do than focus on some bizzar theory.

-------------------------------------------------------------

+1 - well said -

heres the challenge for tossa84 - maybe he needs to think about re-enrolling and getting a proper education, put aside the comic books for the next 4 years and instead go to an adult learning centre, and then he may earn some cred - its not too late - the knowledge and skills gained will equip him for his big crusade to change Victoria - sure as night follows day no dumb-ass is ever going to change anything anywhere

heres the challenge for tossa84 - maybe he needs to think about re-enrolling and getting a proper education, put aside the comic books for the next 4 years and instead go to an adult learning centre, and then he may earn some cred - its not too late - the knowledge and skills gained will equip him for his big crusade to change Victoria - sure as night follows day no dumb-ass is ever going to change anything anywhere

Its ppl like u that lets the Govt get away with so much. Maybe you think i'm a tosser but at least im out here expressing my opinion. If you think that nothing is ever going to change and you've resigned to that then you are really a sad person. Maybe don't even bother voting at the next election either, I mean nothings going to change anyway.

If you read the posts correctly i said the 20-30% was only my opinion. If you think my opinion doesnt matter then good for you, however if this were trully the case then obviously you would not have posted on here, you would simply have clicked the little square in the top right hand corner so thank you for letting me know my opinion matters to you.

lol @ too much underbelly :D

have you got stats or anything to back that up ? or anything... ? because if you did have actual evidance... well you might be able to take this further... but yeah,, saying "some people on sau agreed with me !!!!" probs might not hold alot of credability...

It seems to me, and to alot of other ppl around here that TMU is being overstaffed and general duties understaffed purposefully in order to increase revenue.
Edited by justin911