SAU Community

rb25de -----> rb25de-t & introduction

First of all, Hello. Im new to your fourm. I have been swaping sr20dets in to the US spec 240sx for 5 years and about a year ago I got 2 rb25de motors really cheap... so now i want to put one in an s14 I bought on Ebay but I think i will need to go turbo to make 350hp... (sorry I dont know kW) anyway do you think it can be done with out changing to lower comp. pistons? say I just bolt up a stock rb25det manifold and turbo... i have the r33 rb25 wiring harness and mafs ... i still need an ECU tho... and i used left over sr20 370cc injectors. I would kind of like to get it running with the det ecu, mafs, and inj. then add the turbo. so what do you think ? will it work or am out of luck? oh here are some pictures of my sr s14: http://www.entuning.com/jex.html

and pictures of the s14 that will be getting the rb25: http://www.entuning.com/black240.html and sence im introducing myself here I am at a show last year:Christopher Jex Dallas Texas

i think it would work. The question is of reliability of course. If you stick to using low boost levels, 5-7psi, then you could get away without lowering the compression. I hope you were talking about using a stock RB25T ecu, because i dont think the Non turbo ecu is up for the task.

ive heard u need more than that.

stuff like an o2 sensor and etc.

Go to the FOrced INduction performance section or do a search for my thread, "parts needed to turbocharge" and it might be of some help

:P

laters

no piston coolers but is there any modifications we can make to it to make sure the pistons dont overheat etc?

my mechanic quoted me arnd 8k yesterday for a full job..

forged internals, conrods, gt30 turbo and etc etc...expects arnd 300 at the rw.. or with forged internals, i dont need the piston coolers?

Well im sure they (Nissan) didnt just do extra work and spend extra money out of the goodness of their hearts... there is a sound engineering reason for them. that said I think if one is cairfull you can run a turbo on anything and be safe just so long as you do it smart... ie: big intercooler, oil cooler, bigger radiator, maybe even water injection. I know the FWD sr20de's here in the states came with out the oil squirters and jim wolf tech. puts them in fairly regularly. I'm planning to run my rb25de-T whith out them, but I'm also planning to run low boost 5-8 psi. I think you wil be ok making 300hp with out them ... i think 350 will be ok. if i can ever find an ECU I will report back annd tell form experiance what works and what does not. Cjex