SAU Community

Extra-cheap Airfares! Jetstar To Narita.

There was a sale on tonight (friday 17th) on the Jetstar website.

$199 one way to Narita from the Gold coast. Fingers crossed i got in just in time, with $330 (with taxes and shit) one way from Melbourne! :stupid::D

All up i'm looking @ $1840 return for 3 people from Melbourne to Narita :blush:

Wow, that's cool.

How did you find out about these airfares? Were there any advertisement about it?

I got a sms from a friend about it. It's from some Jetstar email as i understand.....so sign up on the Jetstar website :blink:

I got another email today. The sale is still on.... Gold coast to Narita(Tokyo), $199 one way, carry on luggage!

yeah booked a couple of tix as well from the GC.

not lookin forward to it though... last time we flew from GC to Osaka the flight was balls. But for $199 plus taxes I'm happy to cup aforementioned balls gently.

How do you mean balls? Turbulence?

just booked the family on Friday - we got $157 +taxes pp. Gold Coast to Osaka

approx $1600 for the 4 of us.

first time to Japan, so looking foward to it!!!!!

I hear May / June is the wet season. I'm hoping the last 2 weeks in June are ok :)

now to start the research

How do you mean balls? Turbulence?

big giant red hairy ones.

oh.

i mean... cramped seating, virgin blue style service, delays and to top it off, not one single good looking young Japanese stewardess. all old bats. I dunno, 1 or 2 hour flights are fine if they're shit, by the time you feel like yelling at someone you have to get off the plane anyways, but on long flights I think the extra creature comfort goes a long way and is wortht he extra quid.

yeah booked a couple of tix as well from the GC.

not lookin forward to it though... last time we flew from GC to Osaka the flight was balls. But for $199 plus taxes I'm happy to cup aforementioned balls gently.

When are you going bitch lips i leave on the 20th of May.

Got mine for little over $500 return to Narita from GC.

Leave on the 21 May staying for a month and going to D1 in Odaiba

Anyone else going to D1??

Edited by cefilo

yeeehaaa

thanks for the tip. i just booked myself and my gf for 10 days at the beginning of june. the availble cheap flights are scarce now. had to take what i could get.

$530 return per person. what a freakin bargain.

now, how bad is accom in tokyo vs dollars in your pocket?

So its true, Shan IS a whore, its just a matter of the amount :laugh:

Anyway, what dates are you flying Shan?

Flying Gold Coast to Osaka on June 22nd and coming back on the 9th of July... lol I'm being dragged there by a friend who's into the cultural stuff... apparently there's a Tanabata festival or something which will be cool to see. In mid june there's a dragon boat race too as well. All I know is that there's a D1 round on the 26th and 27th of June.

This time the trip's gonna be more of a cultural trip than a car-trip. Mind you if you see a guy trying to check in two R34 GTR seats as excess baggage on the flight back, that'll be me. I'll have to try and catch up with the J-Spec japan crew in tokyo as well, and try and meet up with Laurence n some of the ZT JP guys to go out n get drunk and smash some random box at a seedy love hotel.

I'll also be heading over for 11 days early June.

Planning to buy a HKS exhaust; any suggestions on the cheapest and most efficient way of bring it back with me, should be a 15KG box.

Regular sea freight will always be the cheapest though is always the longest form of regular freight delivery.

Air Freight will be around 25-30,000 Yen

Its a pain in the ass to take it back on the plane with you but would definitely be the cheapest option.

Just ring up your carrier and check out the cost for an estimate of the dimensions and weight as check in luggage. The last thing you want to be told is that they cant fit it in with baggage or something an hour and a half before you fly out.

Should be under 9,000 Yen for an exhaust to come back with you.

Jetstar are still having sales on ATM.... 2 people from Melb return, your looking @ $1100. :starwars::blush:

Regular sea freight will always be the cheapest though is always the longest form of regular freight delivery.

Air Freight will be around 25-30,000 Yen

Its a pain in the ass to take it back on the plane with you but would definitely be the cheapest option.

Just ring up your carrier and check out the cost for an estimate of the dimensions and weight as check in luggage. The last thing you want to be told is that they cant fit it in with baggage or something an hour and a half before you fly out.

Should be under 9,000 Yen for an exhaust to come back with you.

Bit of a noob question, but i haven't really bought anything back like that before....

What will Australian customs say about the exhaust? Would i skate under the rader if the value declared is under $1k?

They shouldn't say anything, its just cargo in a passenger plane.

I doubt they would even ask you a question about it.

Keep the invoice anyway though i doubt the cost for any would be over 1k anyway and if it was and by some strange chance you are questioned just explain its for your car and it cost $500. Customs agents aren't evil people. If the value is legitimately under $1000 then there is no extra cost associated in bringing it into the country.

Everyone brings back things from Japan be it video cameras, game consoles etc.

If it worries you just put the box inside out, its still going to be x-rayed.

I wouldn't even worry about it.