SAU Community

Dremel

Basti

is there any way to reverse the direction of rotation on your standard dremel? atm it spins clockwise, which tends to spit all the debris from the work right into my face, me being righthanded and all. its the onething that pisses me off about the tool

its good practice to wear a face shield whenever you use a tool with a cutting disk.. disks break, better putting a scratch on the shield then a slice in your face or eye.

/SAU Safety Officer Mode

• 4 weeks later...
is there any way to reverse the direction of rotation on your standard dremel? atm it spins clockwise, which tends to spit all the debris from the work right into my face, me being righthanded and all. its the onething that pisses me off about the tool

In the end it is just an electric motor (I'm assuming it is a DC one), just open the dremel up and swap the wires over on the motor. There is a possibility that there are 3 wires (one for speed control), if so DON'T swap anything, I'd have to have a look at it. If your handy, you could wire a switch so that you could do this on the fly.

You would also need to check that the cutting tools are not directional before use.

Edited by NXGriffo