SAU Community

Alot Of Questions

Hello, just a few questions, i have a stockish r33 gts-t..

i've recently got my catback exhaust put it... anyway my mates saying i should get "front and dump pipes" anyone know whats the difference between this and 'extractors'? thanks..

also, whats the difference between tuning and remapping?

also, my mates saying i have adjustable coilovers. what are they? and what do th ey do?

also, when im steering ALL The way to the right It makes a noise like my cars scraping onto something.. (normally int he cold.. doesnt hapepn allt he time)

Also, if a front mount intercooler makes the fluttering, isnt that what a blow off valve does? is it a good idae to get a fmic and a blow off valve together?

what do they do exactly?

When turning on my engine, i have to hold my key for about 2-3 seconds before the engine turns on, my friends saying i need new spark plugs? is this true? why? and how much will it cost?

Btw. what does 200rwkw Run quarter mile?

sorry people but im learning, hope you all can be of help.

thanks

thanks!

Edited by noobcake

Hello, just a few questions, i have a stockish r33 gts-t..

i've recently got my catback exhaust put it... anyway my mates saying i should get "front and dump pipes" anyone know whats the difference between this and 'extractors'? thanks..

Extractors (Exhaust Manifold) is what your turbo is bolted on to, Front and dump pipes is the pipes which connect to the exhaust manifold / turbo.

It is the front part of the exhaust system then your cat converter then your cat back exhaust.

Tuning / Remapping, it can be part of the same process... Eg if you want to run more boost, ppl usually "remap" the ECU to improve Air / Fuel ratios and make sure they are correct when running higher boost, that's whats called tuning.

also, my mates saying i have adjustable coilovers. what are they? and what do th ey do?

It's your suspension setup.

This allows you to adjust the height of your car.

It give your the advantage to lower your car to improve it's handling.

also, when im steering ALL The way to the right It makes a noise like my cars scraping onto something.. (normally int he cold.. doesnt hapepn allt he time)

:P Could be just your tyres rubbing up against the inner wheel guard when you do a full lock right turn.

You got bigger wheels and tyres on the front?

Also, if a front mount intercooler makes the fluttering, isnt that what a blow off valve does? is it a good idae to get a fmic and a blow off valve together?

what do they do exactly?

A front mount intercooler (FMIC) does not make the "Fluttering" noise, only an aftermarket blow off valve (BOV) makes the flutter / dose noise.

FMIC will only gain your performance if you are running a high amount of boost to improve your cooling.

You already have a stock BOV and no need to change it.

Aftermarket BOV are useless, just makes noise and that's it.

When turning on my engine, i have to hold my key for about 2-3 seconds before the engine turns on, my friends saying i need new spark plugs? is this true? why? and how much will it cost?

:) ... Never heard of this before.

Only reason I would turn the key and wait 2-3 seconds before starting it up is to allow the fuel pump to get the fuel pumping...

You might have to ask a few R33 GTS-T owners on here.

thanks

thanks!

:D Cool!

you know not to hold your wheel at full lock right its bad for your power steering pump..

the delay in cranking could be an aftermarket fuel pump priming, is it noisey when cold?

as for the 1/4 mile ET there is so much room for difference (suspension, tyres, driver etc)

you would have to go to the drags and find out, saying that I would assume low 13's

get a front and split dump pipe and tune it then find out :P

Extractors (Exhaust Manifold) is what your turbo is bolted on to, Front and dump pipes is the pipes which connect to the exhaust manifold / turbo.

It is the front part of the exhaust system then your cat converter then your cat back exhaust.

Tuning / Remapping, it can be part of the same process... Eg if you want to run more boost, ppl usually "remap" the ECU to improve Air / Fuel ratios and make sure they are correct when running higher boost, that's whats called tuning.

It's your suspension setup.

This allows you to adjust the height of your car.

It give your the advantage to lower your car to improve it's handling.

:D Could be just your tyres rubbing up against the inner wheel guard when you do a full lock right turn.

You got bigger wheels and tyres on the front?

what do they do exactly?

A front mount intercooler (FMIC) does not make the "Fluttering" noise, only an aftermarket blow off valve (BOV) makes the flutter / dose noise.

FMIC will only gain your performance if you are running a high amount of boost to improve your cooling.

You already have a stock BOV and no need to change it.

Aftermarket BOV are useless, just makes noise and that's it.

;) ... Never heard of this before.

Only reason I would turn the key and wait 2-3 seconds before starting it up is to allow the fuel pump to get the fuel pumping...

You might have to ask a few R33 GTS-T owners on here.

thanks

thanks!

:bunny: Cool!

gotta love the way you answer questions!

tops! :P

do you guys reckon i need extractors for my full exhaust system? also

since i got adjustable coilovers, is it hard to higher/lower a car? and is it expensive?

No you will not need aftermarket extractors unless you have a modified (bigger) turbo.

I have not done it myself but I don't think its hard to adjust your suspension, just takes time and you will probably need a wheel alignment after lowering the car.

Just get your mechanic to do it and it should not cost too much, whatever labor cost your mechanic charges

gotta love the way you answer questions!

tops! :/

Haha!!

Thanks buddy! :(