SAU Community

Dvd Player Extended Warranty

WA_R32

Hey,

Alright i have a Pioneer AVH-7650, bought it 3 years ago and decided it would be wise to get a 5 year warranty on it as it was $3000 new. Now it has been 3 years and i have started having issues with it, so called my warranty company they gave me a job number and i took it in 2 1/2 months later i finally get it back saying that it is all fixed and good as new, bolt it back into the car and goes well, this is where the problems start, i now have more issues with it than i did when it went in - will randomly turn down the sound every now and again, have to push the face in further to make the volume and song changing dials work, equilizer button is tempramental and doesn't work all the time and screen opens and closes really slowly. Now the reason i sent it in the first time is that it stopped playing dvds and cd and the screen wouldn't fold in properly, got the player back and it worked for about 1 month and now has stopped playing dvd's and cd's again, i have called the warranty company and they say i have to take it back to the same repairer again to see if it was faulty parts. Now i dont want to have to wait for this repair company to send off the faulty parts and have to wait another 5 months to get it back again, and also get it back in worse condition than when i sent it off. Anyone have any ideas if i have a leg to stand on with the warranty company to make them pay me out or get me a new one?

AVH-7650DVD.jpg

Cheers

Matty

With phones we have to send them away 3 times before we replace. Best bet is to just play the game, send it away get it repaired again and if it doesn't work then send it off again.

It sucks but it's just how it goes I guess.

I get abused alot over this.

You shoulda gone double-din and got the 6850 or something :yes:

I reckon these folding screen ones have more problems because there are too many moving parts wearing the unit out. I'd say all you can really do is send it back again... pain in the ass to be waiting that long though!

Demand better customer service and send it back. Maybe try ringning the place you got it from they may be able to help.

Ive always had trouble with pioneer decks. I got the dvd one too and had issues with it. Had it replaced three times.

At least you got the extended warranty.