SAU Community

Engine Stall In Traffic Jams

Just bought R33 GTS-T Coupe

Had roadworthiness done but since buying car engine occasionally stalls in situations where there is a lot of change in speed such as in traffic jams (which is an awesome experience).

Mechanic reckons the fuel pressure regulator is stuffed but that replacing it will cost around $300 because the new part can only be sourced from Japan.

Looking for anyone with a new or second hand fuel pressure regulator in decent condition as my hip pocket can't handle importing.

Cheers.

Mate, I doubt it's your FPR.

Check simple things first:

1) Clean AFM with carby cleaner.

2) Check that the AFM connectors in the little black box are welded correctly

Yeah try the afm. But my money's on your IAC valve, its either dirty or the unit itself might b screwed.

I had this same problem wen i bought my car. doubt its your fpr.

hope this helps

Thanks for the feedback Turbz RB-25, Benzino33, RICCA, axe s, A31Drifter and TWINS33.

Im heaps green with skylines so its good to get some info from ppl with more experience. The mechanic that looked at my car reckoned it was the fpr because they usually hold pressure with the ignition off and mine doesn't.

So I'll try cleaning the AFM, check the connectors, check the IAC valve and the BOV. All this stuff is simple to do if I follow the Skyline manual right?

If I find its none of these then I might hit you up for that fpr axe s.

Cheers again for the help,

-FIXER5.