SAU Community

I Cant Find The Answer.... Disable Vct And Wot Cams?

TRB-001

hey guys ok iv been posting/asking different people and i have found abit of info here and there but still no clear cut info on my problem.

Im fitting a rb25det head to a rb30 into a R32....

after reading all these threads, could i just cut the VCT solenoid in half and weld a fitting into it and feed oil from the t peiced oil pressure switch? and that would solve the lubration of the front cam jounal problem....

then could i use a rb25de inlet cam (or aftermaket) and cam gears..... will the rb20det inlet cam work?

will the rb25det CAS plug into and work with the r32 CAS wiring?

could i use the rb20det cams and cam gears with the CAS on the rb25det head with VCT disabled?

if im on the right track, or going way down the wrong track can someone help out.... iv been searching and asking people and i know it annoying but i cant really find clear answers to my questions.

wouldnt it be easier to use the internal oil feed to the VCT from the lifter oil feed and then not worry about the VTC solenoid and leave it unpulged???

some 1 tell me if im wrong... im still learning and reading b4 i start my 25/30 build :P

this is how i have done mine

RB25head VCT from r33 including r33 cams with vct. cas, coilpacks, loom sensors from rb20det.

rb30e bottom end rb30e head gasket

oil feet tee'd before the pressure sender going to the VCT solenoid hole.

works perfectly have done 34,000 k's on this motor like this now and it has not missed a beat. making 250rwkw at 17 psi and now 314rwkw on a bigger turbo at 19psi (still not tuned perfectly yet)

sorry just to clarify your running the rb20det cas, coilpacks loom/sensors etc..... i read sumwhere the rb20det cas is different hence why im abit confused....

but if its working in ur car thats the way im going i think.

does anyone know the differences?

are the cams and cam gears any different between models? i just needa know if my rb20det cams/gears and cas will work in the rb25det head....

im unsure wot series head it is??