SAU Community

R32 Dramas!

chin0o

G'day everyone! While reversing my car (RB20DET R32 GTS-4) into the garage last Saturday night I noticed coolant running down the driveway. Straight away I turned off the car and pushed it in the rest of the way and started to try and find the leak. Didn't take too long to find, but it turns out the cracked hose is in one of the worst positions!!

A pipe comes from the bottom of the radiator and goes to a T-piece, with the right hand side going to the engine block and the left hand side running out towards the back of the motor. I managed to crack the hose on the left, which goes under the manifold/throttle body/etc... Shit!!

I've got a mate that works for Nissan and contacted spare parts today, but Nissan claim they have none in Australia and ordering one in will take 2 weeks minimum... I need the car working for next week as I need to drive to work each day. Anyone know somewhere that could sell one of these hoses? I have some mates coming over on the weekend to dissasemble the mainifold and anything else in the way so we can take the old hose out and put one in.

So ummmm what do I do from here? :)

Cheers!!

Okay sweet, I hope so!

Would anyone happen to know the name of the hose? Not sure if I need a moulded one or if I can just use a generic one and cut it to length :)