i am using coolent ...............

i filled it up on monday and now it was emjpty today

what i would like to know what would casue that

all hose are new and there is no leaks ' that i can see or feel'

thanks in advance

Andrew

get your compression checked...

My step father just had a problem on his EH with RB30ET in it,

First real drive and it blew the head gasket, once we opened it up it had obviously happened before he got the motor,

All the bore had rust marks on it and starting to pit...

the mechanic was telling him it would be alright because it was only 2 cylinders down and only 15psi...

Also check ur oil, if it's milky ur getting coolant into ur oil...

my oil isnt milky ......its just using a shitload of coolent/water ......i filled it up monday and its now friday and its empty

Cracked radiator?

are you absolutley sure "all" the hoses are new not just the top and bottom radiator hose...there are half a dozen hoses under the plenum / along the firewall which carry coolant, plus the heater box

I would still have a look at all the heater hoses, I had a similar issue once and it turned out to be the water feed hose for the turbo and it didnt leak unless the car was hot,

So after everything has warmed up, have a look under the car and around the engine bay, also turn the heater on and off etc, if all else fails than try as axe s has said and get a comp test done

do u have steam out the exhaust??

i'd still do a compression test to be sure...

only on cold .... but i gathed that ia normal

you can have a blown gasket and not have water in the oil or vice versa. when i had a falcon i blew about 3 head gaskets and each time it was only letting water into the cylinder. never ended up with milky oil.

as for the smoking when cold, if you haven't driven the car all day and start it up in the afternoon will it blow white smoke? if it does then it is the headgasket. this can also make it hard to start sometimes.

also, i would fill up the coolant (making sure to blled it properly) then get the car hot on the spot with some cardboard under the car and look for any signs of water dripping to elimiate the chance of it having a leak somewhere.

found what the problem was ........after i was told to check the water pump ....... i went over it again .... and found a crack in the pump itself so needlessto say it was pouring out and yeah ........ thanks for everyones help muchly apprachted

Andrew