SAU Community

Ceffeh

The floor on my garage is uneven so I cant quiet measure it properly.

1cm height difference from one side to the other and I'm sure thats the floor.

the whole underside of the car is looking sad. The rails where you're meant to jack the car up rom, all that is bent in, cracked/split and got some rust, the rails are f**ked, shitloads of dirt and corrosion around the rear cradle. Gotta pull it all out, give it a massive clean, straighten/fill, and re-coat it in sound deadener and paint.

Good fun ahead.

Also got to rebuild the Cefiro loom.

Got some more money setbacks, forgot Christmas is coming up and my return to hospital trip for my second operation has been moved forward to this Thursday, so I’ll be having 2 odd weeks off without pay. Ah well, plenty of time to pretty up the car I guess.

About 90% the way through engine bay work, so not long now – once that’s all back together, some light panel work, paint, glass, exhaust and she’s ready. ;)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So.. are you going VQ or not?

I've been chatting to steve at maytech. reckons they need a bit of work to be reliable as a performance engine. like, valve spring shims, head gaskets, head bolts, basically top end shit. so, basically... money. more money. haha.

I'm thinking; grab another Ceffy, late model Autech rolling shell, and drop some crazy shit into that.

Strict track only.

Keep the current as a street legal hypo, for cruising around, picking up yellow fever, doing some shopping, you know...an every day car.

I f**king love yellow fever.

you must come drifting though dood. i shall help you.

when're you getting coil-overs?

k-sports man. for reals, adjustable height, 36 levels of dampening adjustment, anodized orange body, cambered tops. i say go for it man.

Coilovers...maybe make a deposit or pay for in full tomorrow (if I happen to deliver to that particular customer of ours), otherwise I'll limp down sometime in the next couple of weeks....also depends on if my bank let me blow that much in one hit, otherwise do it over a few days / week. Wont be fitting them with stitches in, so not in a rush to get them.

u forgot the bog. sand it all off, buy a real primer and put a coat on, den bog to smooth den spray on sound deadener from autobarn.

wait thought ur version of ' the pits' was easy as shit to pass? so u dont need to hide the rails? just remove the rust and weld up any cracks

forgot to add to can also get metal fiber bog

Edited by Dan_J

OK seing as this forum is full of useless knts who can't answer simple questions, I've done some running around myself on coilovers, planned on K-SPORTS or Teins...but neither were available, so I've placed an order for HSDs so I can atleast have a rolling car again.

Project possibly on hold again pending more blood tests and possibly a CAT scan on my release from hospital tomorrow, so wish me luck motherf**kers.

Otherwise I'm pretty motivated again thanks to some mates in Perth, to get this thing happening.

f**ked off the R32 loom and plan on rebuilding the Cefiro loom as soon as I'm walking, and out of here.

Do Z32 AFM hook up without any retuning needed? or do i need to flash my / get a different ECU ?

it wont run properly without at least having a remap with the Z32 AFM.

i like your plans for a late model shell, but swap them around.... this shell for the track so it doesnt matter if you smack it into a wall... im sure you wouldnt be to happy about destroying a nice straight shell, i sure was'nt!

how bad is your loom ?? i striped my latest ceffy loom of almost all the non essential wiring and theres around 8-10 wires running behind the dash, you shouldnt have to much trouble lining up what you dont need/want and getting rid of it...

The current project is all dead straight except for the rails / jack points...so with paint, THIS one will be shmick, makes for a better street car I reckon.

Most rolling shells in Perth have rust/dents / drift damage.

Well, I found out today that J30 Mxima (VG30E) has the same air flow metre as Z32 (VG30DE(TT) ), and its the same pin formation, so rather than fork out hundreds of dollars to these moron shop's because "oh but the Z32 one is Teh AwEsoMeZZzzz!!!" I'll just go raid a J30, get some shit for my own J30 Maxima and the Ceffy at the same time - f**king w00t.

Wont run properly, but can I at least start it and run it at low RPMs? (ie. to get it onto a trailer so I can get it painted and shit?) As long as I can run it, I'm happy, and then I get remap the ECU later.

Checked part numbers and theyre different (last two digits are two numbers apart)

Maxima has a purple label, but like I said, I connected my Maxima AFM to my Cefiro loom, its the same connection which the R32 AFM didnt fit.

I imagine the AFM would have the same or similar characteristics to the Z32 from what I've seen in the way of VGxx tuning.

If I use a J30/Z32 Air flow meter, will she idle ok? or I I need to get it remapped just for idling ?

Checked part numbers and theyre different (last two digits are two numbers apart)

Maxima has a purple label, but like I said, I connected my Maxima AFM to my Cefiro loom, its the same connection which the R32 AFM didnt fit.

I imagine the AFM would have the same or similar characteristics to the Z32 from what I've seen in the way of VGxx tuning.

If I use a J30/Z32 Air flow meter, will she idle ok? or I I need to get it remapped just for idling ?

I used a j30 afm on an r33 rb25 without a remap. What are the last 3 numbers on the label? n60? n62?

vg30 n/a = n60 = no remap

vg30 tt = n62 = need remap

60 is running on my J30, but I do have a 62 around somewhere too...w00t...cash!

Respraying the seats with VHT Vinyl Dye...I know...its dodgey, but it works for now, better than that factory shit until I get leather...if I get that far.

Don't mind the pic, only first spray...takes a couple of runs through to make the color solid and consistent.

post-62975-1258888180_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nic_A31

• 2 weeks later...

Nom nom nom nom

After a stupidly long wait and a failed delivery by TNT, I picked them up this arvo from their depot...all in the one box...I had fun holding that on my shoulder and trying to find my keys with the other hand....but, w00t, I've finally got coilies.

I hope nobody is expecting me to behave once these are in....

post-62975-1260178071_thumb.jpg

post-62975-1260178101_thumb.jpg

Nom nom nom nom

I hope nobody is expecting me to behave once these are in....

Nope...

Matter of fact, I'm getting bigger brakes just so I can stop faster when you spin out on toodyay road after a massive JDM touge run.

You are 12% more JDM for having those nic. Did they come with a cold air intake too? Better not have... Bloody cold air is pretty bad for your engine hey.

SICK, so I'm 112% JDM

Yeah nah I spoke to my tuner and he ordered me the hot air ones...he's going to fit them for $2'000...cheap ;)

For everyone else...this is just an inside joke myself and Jason have on SAUWA sheep.

Apparently its better to pay someone to work on your car, and cold air is bad .. : O

Yeah, LOLz, I wish I was cool enough to have an R33 GTS25T

Paint your cefiro the absolute gayest colour every. It'll still be cooler man ;)

On a serious note, when're you fitting so i can come round and laugh at you/hold things where they should be?