SAU Community

2003 350gt Coupe Starting Problem

Thanks mate ill give it a go, worst case scenario i will have to take it to Nissan. Spoke to a nissan representative and they can fix it by hooking it up to the computer and tuning it. Can you believe they charge $122 per hour.

Why don't you just do the procedure documented earlier in this thread. Idle air learning, throttle position etc.

It is really east to do and if all other things on the car are ok the car will set the idle at 650rpm (+-50). If idle is not set between 600-700 the ECU will not memorize the idle setting and idle will be moving around.

I had a faulty PCV valve and this stopped the idle being set correctly.

Good luck and save your self $100 for better mods.

Ohh talking about draining batteries has anyone seen those articles on the infiniti forums about our bose radio systems drawing enough energy to drain the battery over a period of 4 days? Apparently what happens is even when the system is manually turned off with the car turned off the radio draws energy from the battery. I can't remember exactly what the thread said but it was either related to a fault in the headunit itself or the amplifier located in the boot. I wouldn't mind looking into this as it can be tested to see whether the radio is drawing a certain amount of energy by hooking a meter up to the fuse box where indicated "radio" is that right Chris?

when i finished the install i reconnected the battery and i did an ecu reset straight away before i even started the car again

the car started fine and i took it for a 20min test drive for the ecu to start learning again. i got home and parked the car. i had to move the car again after 5 min and when i started the car - stall.

i think the instructions state the car should be at operating temperature when performing this procedure. rekon that might have something to do with it?