Flutterdump/dose

Ninja gts25t

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short answer: BAD...

Don't do it!!

BOV is there for a reason. To allow the pressurised air to NOT hit back onto the turbo compressor wheel. Over time it may cause damage to the fins.

Why on earth would you want the "flutter sound" anyway?? I hope it’s not to sound "cool" :banana:

Lol, this topic again?

50% of the world will say its bad, the other 50% will say it isnt. Personally i think it sounds awesome, but at the same time i fully agree with Adam, i dont see how it cant be bad for the turbo. Its compressor surge, spinning the turbine backwards, it can not be good. If you didnt need a BOV, why would anyone have them?

The sound of flutter/dose is awesome. Love it.

It will kill a ceramic turbo like stock R32, R33, R34, S13-S15 turbo's. Won't kill steel turbo's like single VG30 turbo's or RB30ET turbo's.

Flutter at 10psi is ok, but if you are running 14+ psi through a RB20/25 turbo it will kill the turbo

The sound of flutter/dose is awesome. Love it.

It will kill a ceramic turbo like stock R32, R33, R34, S13-S15 turbo's. Won't kill steel turbo's like single VG30 turbo's or RB30ET turbo's.

Flutter at 10psi is ok, but if you are running 14+ psi through a RB20/25 turbo it will kill the turbo

+5MILLION

Dosing/flutter is THE BEST SOUND !!!

Flutter will not kill turbos.

Flutter DOES NOT CAUSE THE TURBO TO SPIN BACKWARDS.

Excessive heat (caused by overboosting or restrictions) will kill stock ceramic turbine wheels or nylon compressor wheels.

THANK YOU!

farken hell...

I blocked off my BOV ages ago as it was leaking and I kept it like that as it sounds better then an atmo bov and is still legal...

Boost (on standard turbo (presumadely)) is now at 1 bar and it's been like that for a while... turbo still isn't dead.

Either way, overheating and general miscare of the turbo will destroy, fluttering can be a part of this but not a main part...