SAU Community

Lowering My V35 Sedan

Hey guys

I'm thinking of lowering my 03 v35 sedan just to close the gap a bit. I've been told if i only change the springs i'm in for a nasty outcome

A mate said i also have to replace the shocks, add a camber kit and do a four wheel alignment.

I've read some people use the stock spring from a 350Z, is it just the springs or the shocks as well?? Is this the way to go? I'm open to any suggestions.

Cheers :down:

Hey guys

I'm thinking of lowering my 03 v35 sedan just to close the gap a bit. I've been told if i only change the springs i'm in for a nasty outcome

A mate said i also have to replace the shocks, add a camber kit and do a four wheel alignment.

I've read some people use the stock spring from a 350Z, is it just the springs or the shocks as well?? Is this the way to go? I'm open to any suggestions.

Cheers :down:

I used King Springs brand that fit a 350z, not the super lows though, only lowers a smidge over an inch and just 15% stiffer than stock.

As the drop is not significant then a wheel alignment will do the trick. Who told you that you need new shocks and a camber kit?

My tires are wearing down almost the same as before, not a problem for me, I just make sure I swap the tires to the other side when required.

I have 9.5 wide rears with a +45 offset, and the tops tuck in at the perfect distance from the guard with no rolling required.

Have a look at my pics and see if you like the drop, remember I have 19s on.

Expert advice below have a good read.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Lo...ar-t103158.html

one reason why I went with the full matching 350z struts and springs combo as opposed to springs only.

And if you are only after a mild drop camber kit is not really required.

Thats an interesting link, however it doesn't entirely apply to mine as its such a minor drop, remember I don't have the super lows on.

If lowering only an inch then the dampers are still operating within the 'green zone' as I like to call it. In addition, the springs are 15% stiffer therefore suspension travel is reduced in comparison to the stock springs with application of identical force.

There is also the question of bump and rebound control, but once again, within operational limits, albeit on the edge of. You could argue that the dampers will wear out quicker due to not being perfectly matched to the springs, and I agree but not significantly.

When the day comes that the dampers need replacing, then I will get some Eibachs or similar, until then I see no reason to swap out the current ones.

The true test though, the ride itself, feels good.

I used King Springs brand that fit a 350z, not the super lows though, only lowers a smidge over an inch and just 15% stiffer than stock.

As the drop is not significant then a wheel alignment will do the trick. Who told you that you need new shocks and a camber kit?

My tires are wearing down almost the same as before, not a problem for me, I just make sure I swap the tires to the other side when required.

I have 9.5 wide rears with a +45 offset, and the tops tuck in at the perfect distance from the guard with no rolling required.

Have a look at my pics and see if you like the drop, remember I have 19s on.

Do you have the part number? Looking to change the springs as i fell the stockies are way too soft

Have a look at ebay 350z king springs for sale 1 day to go $49

NISSAN 350Z: 03-ON, MY05, MY06: "LOW KIT" : 2x FRONT: KDFL-48

2x REAR:BKDRL-49

Done Aprox 50k km

Pickup North Ryde/Parramatta Area

Expert advice below have a good read.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Lo...ar-t103158.html

one reason why I went with the full matching 350z struts and springs combo as opposed to springs only.

And if you are only after a mild drop camber kit is not really required.

Very scary! :P But i'm willing to risk it considering my car's only done 30000 and the drop is really mild.

When the time comes for new shockies, i'll get a decent one. But until then i can just get the king springs since i'm only after a mild drop.

I spoke to a mate of a mate over at Ian Diffen today. He said since it's not very low, there's no need to add a camber kit.

He's gonna try to find the King Spring for 350z ( Thanks GoldV35 ) first before he gives me a quote, but he says Springs+Fitting+Alignment might cost somewhere around $550.

Fair Price?

Cheers Everyone :huh:

Gosh....

Just find a 350z shocks and springs setup like I did...No need to worry about anything....

A word of warning though - u may get complaints from ur Mrs about it..as it is a tad bumpy on mine. Not noticeable to us, but seems noticebale for passengers....LOL..

Since I got heaps of tread left and wanna change to bigger rims ASAP, i didn't bother with wheel alignment also.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, i finally went ahead and lowered it with pedders spring .....i know, i know, lame :)

A guy at Ian Diffens did it. It actually looks nice, and the handling improved by miles. But it's a little too low for my taste.

After a couple of weeks, i think it settled even more and i started scraping every now and then.And the Wife Approval Factor is starting to wear off..Not Good.

Lesson Learned.

I just grabbed myself a set of Unrevised 03 350Z Springs on Ebay for a $100 (Thanks N15mo!). Couldn't find the shocks tho.

I understand that the revised spring would be better sincer it's harder, but after riding on these pedders springs, i long for a softer one.

I can get the guy to install it for me, but after my experience with him, i think i'd rather go somewhere else. Can anyone recommend a good place in Perth to install it?

Edit: Forgot the Pics ( Not much of a photographer..)

post-63310-1252232099_thumb.jpg

post-63310-1252232199_thumb.jpg

Edited by dodes47

Wow, the drop with the Pedders springs actually looks really good! Love the Anniversary wheels too. Are you running 225/45 and 245/45 tires? You shouldn't have much problem offloading your Pedders springs on here as there is bound to be someone who wants that kinda drop.

Wow, the drop with the Pedders springs actually looks really good! Love the Anniversary wheels too. Are you running 225/45 and 245/45 tires? You shouldn't have much problem offloading your Pedders springs on here as there is bound to be someone who wants that kinda drop.

Thanks man. I love the look too but why is it scraping?? And that's just with me and the wife in the car. Inlaws comin over from sydney soon. Big mummas and papas. Now that'll be a hell of a ride.. lol

Btw, that's the correct tyre size 225/45 and 245/45.

Edited by dodes47

so how low can you go on a coupe before it becomes a real pain to drive.

was driving one today lowered on what look like king springs, didn't look that low (bout 2 finger gap tyre to fender), but going over what was a little chamfered driveway (was like a raised zebra crossing)...felt a huge thud at the rears which i thought had caught the axle...look under to find a skid plate on the rears....how weird...dont know of that many cars with skid plates on the rears.

Edited by fcruz3r