SAU Community

Lowering Your Car

Hey guys.

just wondering what sort of heights you guys are currently running your R32 Gtr's.

this is for track use, obviously the saying goes the lower you go the better but their has to be a point where its just to low and the suspension has to be to stiff.

Atm we have it setup on about 90mm from the lowest point, would you guys go any lower?

just wondering what sort of heights you guys are currently running your R32 Gtr's.

this is for track use, obviously the saying goes the lower you go the better but their has to be a point where its just to low and the suspension has to be to stiff.

Atm we have it setup on about 90mm from the lowest point, would you guys go any lower?

Saying lower is better is an oversimplification, and not just due to the required spring stiffness and hitting bump stops. The angles that the suspension arms sit at and swing through changes, and this can only be partly offset by adding adjustable arms/bushes. You get to the point where lower is slower. I dont really understand the details...

I was told by the gurus the 355 front and 345 rear was the optimum (thats guard to wheel centerline). I have that now and it works a lot better than it did when it was lower. If the front is too low you'll make the understeer worse. Of course get a corner balance and alignment after you've set the height. If you dont get more info here, include details of your suspension setup, wheel and tyre combo, power output etc and post in the motorsport forum.