SAU Community

Central Locking + Keyless Entry

nice 28

Hey guys just looking for a central locking and keyless entry kit to install into a 98 hyundai excel 2 door. Doesn't have to be anything flash as long as it's reliable.

I was looking at either an ebay kit

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/REMOTE-CENTRAL-LOCK...#ht_2390wt_1165

Or a kit from jb hifi

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/car-sound-gps-nav...entral-locking/

(the $28 central locking kit and $79 remote keyless entry kit)

Which one would be the go?

For $100 either way i'm not too fussed, as long as it works as it should.

If both these kits are a load of crap, any recommendations? (bearing in mind that I'm not willing to waste more than $200 on this stuff)

Thanks for any advice,

Hakan.

ey i wouldnt by one of ebay, no matter how good it looks or sounds if u get it and it doesnt work its going to be massive trouble trying to get money bak or anything for it. there also a brand called CAM that deal with immobilisers/keyless entry, that way you would also be getting an immobiliser as well as keyless entry but will probs set u back about 100-150 for the imobiliser. jb hifi is goign to be your cheapest and most convenient to get being that thers jb's everywere.

Ive installed keyles entry into excel's and its not to hard to do, providing you have knowedge of what your doing. if you want though i could come to you and install it(im fully qualified and use to work in car audio) for around $70 depending on how far away you are from me (im in bentleigh area) and it would take round 2-3 hours or so.

either way go luck and pm me if you want to get me out to do it or if u want help with it

Edited by cavell

I just had a look on the CAM website and they have a kit similar to the ebay one for $99 so looks like that's the one i'll be going for.

I'll probably go out to their Malvern retailer next week and pick it up, and try to install it myself, if I can't do it though i'll be sure to give you a pm!

Any pointers on installation?

Thanks champ.

I just had a look on the CAM website and they have a kit similar to the ebay one for $99 so looks like that's the one i'll be going for.

I'll probably go out to their Malvern retailer next week and pick it up, and try to install it myself, if I can't do it though i'll be sure to give you a pm!

Any pointers on installation?

Thanks champ.

I've installed central locking in a few cars now and as long as you take your time and do it properly, it shouldn't be a problem.

The main thing is to make sure you have the motors pushing in the same direction as the rods inside the door... i.e. not at 45º angles or anything like that... which would put stress on the motor.

Also, where possible, fix one of the mounting points for the motor through the actual door frame, and the other using the little bracket things that come in the pack... that way you get a better fixing, etc.

like Samon said take your time and do it properly,

is the store your getting it from called Freeway Car Audio??

the actuall hooking up of the motors will be the hardest thing for you to do as u need to get it lined up properly so that it pushes in the right direction and isnt causeing stress on the motor. excels can be a little tricky first time round but generaly there the better of cars to do it on, i have had to do it to cable systems which are not easy at all. as for mounting it (from memory) you wont need any brackets it should be able to go straight underneath the locking arm and mount to the door frame and rod just needs minor bends in it to line up square and things.

if you do get stuck just pm me and we can arrange sumthing, even if u just want me to come out and helpe you with the motor mounting or what ever. (wireings generally not to bad with them kits.

Good luck with it all hope you get it done and dont run into any snags

Yeah that sounds pretty straight forward.

I'm guessing pretty much i've just got to bolt/screw the motors to the door frame (all lined up correctly), attach it to the lock mechanism, and then wire it up to the main control box thing. Sound about right?

The main thing is to make sure you have the motors pushing in the same direction as the rods inside the door... i.e. not at 45º angles or anything like that... which would put stress on the motor.

Also, where possible, fix one of the mounting points for the motor through the actual door frame, and the other using the little bracket things that come in the pack... that way you get a better fixing, etc.

Thanks for the tips champ, will keep it in mind

is the store your getting it from called Freeway Car Audio??

That's the one.

yes i do love the holiday's :):bunny: to bad i only have a week of them :cool:

Perfect. Thanks for all your input guys, get the car on monday so maybe some time this week i'll give it a crack (gotta love the holidays). Thanks guys

• 1 year later...

I have a Nissan Navara and want keyless entry installed - I saw your post -I work in Bay Rd Cheltenham 9-5 weekdays.

Would you be able to install it for me?

ey i wouldnt by one of ebay, no matter how good it looks or sounds if u get it and it doesnt work its going to be massive trouble trying to get money bak or anything for it. there also a brand called CAM that deal with immobilisers/keyless entry, that way you would also be getting an immobiliser as well as keyless entry but will probs set u back about 100-150 for the imobiliser. jb hifi is goign to be your cheapest and most convenient to get being that thers jb's everywere.

Ive installed keyles entry into excel's and its not to hard to do, providing you have knowedge of what your doing. if you want though i could come to you and install it(im fully qualified and use to work in car audio) for around $70 depending on how far away you are from me (im in bentleigh area) and it would take round 2-3 hours or so.

either way go luck and pm me if you want to get me out to do it or if u want help with it