SAU Community

Belts - Need New Ones

Ezy03

hey guys just came back from a services, apparently my fan belts and altenator belt needs replacing due to some cracks in them, just wondering does anyone know the size or where abouts i can pick some brand new replacements? thanks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan is a good start

Either way unless you're changing the belts yourself, sometimes its better to just let your mechanic buy the belts for you (assuming he is an honest bloke!). They get trade discounts, and if they buy the wrong ones it is their own problem.

I am due for some myself..same prob with the cracks...the Burson sales person told me to take mine off, then take it to the Burson store and he'll find me the 'right' replacement ones...when i get them done, i'll post up an aftermarket part brand/number...

best of go nissan , as most time aftermarket will be shorter or longer anywhere from 5-15mm depending on belts and then you will have problems with instaling the belts

nissan will have right belts for our cars and no stuffing around , they will fit 100%

I saw the smaller of the two Gates Performance belts at supercheap for $24. I'm going to do some ringing around to see if anyone caries a larger selection.

Wow thats exceptional value considering the prices from nissan (for 350z oem). Will check out super cheap also and see what I can find. Thanks for the info.

Make sure you're checking out the Australian Gates Online Catalogue.

Go to www.gatesaustralia.com.au then click on Auto Aftermarket and finally On Line CATALOGUE - Automotive.

You might have to log in (just some basic details etc) the first time but once you're in I think you can add the webpage as a favourite and not have to worry about logging in from then on.

With automotive micro-V belts the part numbering is pretty simple. 4PK915 = 4 ribs, PK pitch (classifies the cross section and distance between ribs), 915 is the length in mm. On cars like mine, R33, they have threaded adjusters and not hydraulic tensioners you have some room to play with so don't need to be 100% on with the length. Just note some belts could have K040360 or similar on it which is the same belt as a 4PK915 just in imperial, so 36.0 inches long. There should be a length that matches the V series skylines.

Edited by Fry_33

There is no listing for an Australian part for the V35/350Z, hence the offshore link. Best call them and double check but failing that you'll have to order it from the US if you want the gates racing accesories belts

Edited by mosoto

There is no listing for an Australian part for the V35/350Z, hence the offshore link. Best call them and double check but failing that you'll have to order it from the US if you want the gates racing accesories belts

Oh, sorry, I didn't actually check it. I'll have someone look into getting it updated tomorrow if I remember. I figure it will be the same as the 350Z so it is something that should be in there. I wonder if it's similar to any other models like a Maxima? Gates might already stock it here but it's just not linked to the V35 as an application which happens occasionally.

I just checked the Gates Australia Online Catalogue and they list the following belts for a 350Z.

Z33 (2002-08) - 3.5L V6 24v DOHC EFI (VQ35DE) - AC

Belt = 4PK945

Z33 (2002-08) - 3.5L V6 24v DOHC EFI (VQ35DE) - ALT

Belt = 6PK1170

Those part# are for standard belts yeah?

Interesting, no listing here for the micro V Performance belts: http://www.gates.com/australia/downloads/d...folder=brochure

If anyone is after performance belts : http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/products...timing_belt.htm

you'll note the Z33 shares the same AC belt as the BNR34 as well as others.

Edited by mosoto