SAU Community

Buying A Car From Melbourne, Recommended Workshops In Cbd Get It Checked?

KR4-GTR

Hi guys,

Looking to buy a car from Melbourne, just wondering if you guys know of any good places in melbourne CBD to get a standard vehicle check done?

Never been to Melbourne before so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all!

Edited by KR4-GTR

Cheers mate, will definately check them out! :D Any idea's how much they charge roughly? Its a Sunday so dont think i'll have any luck getting in touch with them today!?

On a side note - I dont need a FULL mechanical inspection, I believe i'll be able to check it out and get a good / bad feeling about it pretty well on my own, mainly just need a workshop around the CBD to get it up on a hoist and clearly check the underbody with me for any damage, and also give the engine a quick once over. Any ideas for this?

Edited by KR4-GTR

find some workshop with a hoist. get a slab of beer and a smile, and see if you can use the hoist for 20mins to go over (under) the car.

but being so close to xmas, mech normally try to push out as amny car as possible so might be hard to find a free hoist

Cheers mate, will definately check them out! ;) Any idea's how much they charge roughly? Its a Sunday so dont think i'll have any luck getting in touch with them today!?

On a side note - I dont need a FULL mechanical inspection, I believe i'll be able to check it out and get a good / bad feeling about it pretty well on my own, mainly just need a workshop around the CBD to get it up on a hoist and clearly check the underbody with me for any damage, and also give the engine a quick once over. Any ideas for this?

they are there everyday of the week, i called up saturday arvo and got onto them and the lady said even sunday they are there

they quoted me

$289 for a full inspection (mech and panel)

$249 mechanical inspection

$199 panel inspection

lady was really helpful to

they are there everyday of the week, i called up saturday arvo and got onto them and the lady said even sunday they are there

they quoted me

$289 for a full inspection (mech and panel)

$249 mechanical inspection

$199 panel inspection

lady was really helpful to

yep, cheers mate - thats all accurate! ;)

i got in touch with them tonight and made the booking. :D

cheers all for your assistance!

Edited by KR4-GTR