SAU Community

Hey

Ericjayrol

Hey,

My names Eric and im 17, turning 18 in early March and im a life long lover of the skyline badge, particularly GTR (who isn't?)

I currently drive a 1993 Ford Laser KH, but as soon as my birthday comes around im looking to upgrade myself to a 2001 Nissan Skyline R34 25GT when I get my Green P Plates, and as soon as that happens im gonna be all over this site every day looking for what to do to it!

Im hoping that with the help of all the members on this site I can get myself a clean and properly modded 25GT, but still P plate legal, though im bound to get pulled over and defected every now and then :D

If anyone has any info on 25GT's that they could give me im all ears, since I still dont have the car, any problems with it down the line or common issues with the car would be a great help, also any parts that are interchangeable from other skyline models would help heaps.

Hope to get to know you all well, hopefully in person at some events.

Hi Eric

Great to hear you are interested in purchasing a Skyline! They are great cars to drive on your p-plates. It would be helpful to read a number of threads on the forums and get a feel for what it is like to own and maintain a GT25. Just because you have a Skyline doesn't mean you will get defected, there are ways to achieve the power gains you seek whilst avoiding the risk of being defected.

I am currently interested in selling my 1998 R34 GT25 which I bought on my Provisional-1 licence. I will be off my P's in a few weeks time, so if you are keen in purchasing one sometime in the near future, please PM me. Will most likely price to sell because I am after a turbo!

Cheers

Shanil

hey mate welcome 2 SAU!

gettin a 34 on my Ps was the best decision i eva made :D:D:D lol n i bet it will be the same 4 u... just sux gettin rid of it cuz u do get bloody attatched 2 em, lol yeh im still morning mine like i lost a gf lol :(

lookin forward to meetin ya ;)

Thanks Shane,

Can u give me some more details on that 25GT? I was gonna PM u, but I got the message that I need 10 posts to PM ;)

Thanks {Oo{34}oO},

I know what u mean, Im attached to my Laser and its just a regular car, something like a skyline would be incredibly clingy :(

Jason is correct. I told myself I would buy a Corolla after the R34 'cause it would be just cheaper to run considering I will not be working for a few years...but no effin way!

a copy/paste about my car from another thread....

"I am interested in selling my Silver Semi-Auto R34 N/A. 1998 model, just ticked over 90,000kms. Driven like a grandma, it was my first car out of high school. It took me from Nov 07 on my red P's till today, 2 weeks out of my full license. Bought it from Nagoya Motors in Caringbah, rego till Nov 2010. I will also throw in a 100,000km service pack bought directly from Nissan.

Always serviced with Motul 300V Chrono, have receipts. Always washed, polished, waxed with Meguairs products.

Only modification is the exhaust, which is a non-defect mod FYI. Have 350z series one wheels on them. Came with the stock pop-up screen in the centre console, first owner in Australia."

If you are interested, we can discuss price via PM once you reach 10 posts. I do not wish to make this an advertisement.

Jason is correct. I told myself I would buy a Corolla after the R34 'cause it would be just cheaper to run considering I will not be working for a few years...but no effin way!

a copy/paste about my car from another thread....

"I am interested in selling my Silver Semi-Auto R34 N/A. 1998 model, just ticked over 90,000kms. Driven like a grandma, it was my first car out of high school. It took me from Nov 07 on my red P's till today, 2 weeks out of my full license. Bought it from Nagoya Motors in Caringbah, rego till Nov 2010. I will also throw in a 100,000km service pack bought directly from Nissan.

Always serviced with Motul 300V Chrono, have receipts. Always washed, polished, waxed with Meguairs products.

Only modification is the exhaust, which is a non-defect mod FYI. Have 350z series one wheels on them. Came with the stock pop-up screen in the centre console, first owner in Australia."

If you are interested, we can discuss price via PM once you reach 10 posts. I do not wish to make this an advertisement.

lol i told my gf id have the 34 till i was 25 lmao!!! a week b4 gettin off my Ps n 2 years after havin the 34 i regretfully got rid of it :( n got the 33 gtst :D but told her this time if i could have it when i was 50 id have kids with her ;) ... oh god what am i gunna say 4 a gtr lmao

{Oo{34}oO} : LOL, your gonna have to buy her a beachhouse :(

SHANE666 : That's a great car, but im looking for a full manual car, I know people say tiptronic is great, but i just love the feeling of dropping the clutch and revving it up ;)

I've been to nagoya Motors and plan on getting my car from them, were they good? No hassles with the warranty and choosing services and all that?

Did they let u check it out on a hoist or have a mechanic properly look it over?

lol, I see your point...

Oh, Shane,

Im interested in getting a membership with the NSW branch, are you the guy to speak to? Cause I was hoping to make the payment in person, but for now im just inquiring, since I haven't got the skyline yet ;)

Not a problem mate.

In my signature there is a link to the SAU NSW membership form. I think you can place some cash in an envelope and send it (not the smartest thing, but in your case the only possible way of payment).

No need to own a Skyline to be part of the club - there are many individuals, both junior and senior members, who drive cars other than a Skyline!

If you have any problems, I am happy to help you out mate!

• 1 month later...