SAU Community

Incorrect Speed Camera Fine

08yannch

i just got a speeding ticket and im not 2 happy because im 95% shore that i was doing the speed limit as i passed the speed camera and if i was speeding it would have only been 1-2km/h over. but on the letter i got it says that i was doing 67km/h its only $75 but im still thinking of fighting it.

i would like to know what info i need to fight this in court what type of fees are associated with going to court. and also do i need a lawyer and the cost of that.

also i was changing lains when i got picked up could this effect the reading

any help is greatly appreciated.

and i have searched the forum and i didn't find anything relevant to me

Feel free to fight it. It will cost you too much time, money and effort to win.

If your wheels are bigger than stock or have a different diff. Your speedo could be out. So if you were doing 63km/h and ur speedo is 5% out, then you would really be doing 66.1. Which is pretty close to 67. So its ur call.

$75 no points - big deal.

If there is another vehicle visible in the photo, send it back, if you're the only visible vehicle, just pay it.

You can fork out $xxx to take it to court, and fight it, and sure, maybe you'll win, the WA police will withdraw the fine and cover your legal fees and costs for going to court...that leaves you with the initial consultation with a lawyer...which is alot more than $75.00.

Check the speed limit for that area, and see if there's another vehicle, otherwise just win the battle now and pay the fine.

im fighting because i have been booked incorrectly and if ppl dont stand up 4 them selves then the gov can continue 2 f*** every day drivers like u and me.

and my speedo is not out if any thing it reads higher than what im doing. (i know because i have gone through speed cameras b4 with no problem and also cross referenced with GPS)

just found out about legal aid has any one had any experience with them i might call them 2moro

First step would be to look at the photo, and if you are changing lanes like you said it has been proven that changing lanes at the time does give an incorrect reading. If you are moving closer to the camera it increases the speed & vice versa.

But it in that situation & with no demerits involved if I was you I would only fight it if there is something showing up in the photo (another car within shot or changing lanes), and even then I'd only do it by getting in touch with the issuing officer (to do with speed camera fines, the name on the fine)

have to agree with the rest, if you didn't get any points then like every body else stated its just cheaper paying the fine.. you can go and fight it but will just end up costing more in the long run

Pay the fine and get over it

They have proof you were speeding whereas you have no way to prove that you weren't.

You may have thought you were only 1-2kms over but just a twitch of the throttle on a Skyline will have you increasing by 4kph without knowing it. I know you feel aggrieved but chances are 99% that you were speeding. They normally knock off a few kms so chances are you may have been doing more than they claim

called legal aid and chances are they wont help me because the fine is so low (but i dont give a shit about the fine im pissed at the fact i got picked up) and a real lawyer will cost far 2 much grrrrrrrrrrr F the system i h8 u so bad.

im not going 2 fight it ;) i have no legal knowledge and it cost 2 much 2 get it. i will fight another day maybe when im older and rich :no:

time 2 invest in a radar detecter :banana: any recommendations