SAU Community

Apexi Pod Filter Help.

ssjTitan

Hi Guys

*Hopefully this is in the right section* Well I need to replace the pod filter in my car before I can sell it, and pick up my new R34.

My only problem is that I got the car with the filter on it, so I dont know what the model numer is. Which tends to make getting a new one a little difficult, I cant find anyone that has any in stock in Perth so I cant even go in and compare.

I know that there are 4 different replacement filters from APEXi, but I dont understand what the measurements, that are given, are relating to.

APEXi 500-A021 - 85mm ID / 160mm OD

APEXi 500-A022 - 75mm ID / 160mm OD

APEXi 500-A023 - 65mm ID / 160mm OD

APEXi 500-A024 - 75mm ID / 140mm OD

Ok sorry about the crappy photo, I just used my phone while working on it yesterday.

Ive measure the opening for the piping and that is 85mm so Im going to assume that the model that i need is the: APEXi 500-A021

Can siomeone please confirm this? I dont want to spend money on a filter that I cant use.

Cheers

post-68650-1262745994_thumb.jpg

Edited by ssjTitan

Thanks gotRICE? for the reply.

I have taken the filter off, and measured it up. But thats where I get a little confused, the pic that Ive attatched is of (what i think) is the ID and that looks like it is about 85mm.

Does that not mean I need the APEXi 500-A021 - 85mm ID / 160mm OD?

Cheers.

Haha no problem man.

The car I currently have is a 2003 corolla with a 1ZZ FE engine. I know that with the normal piping and box I need a 75mm filter but this car had mods done to it before I got it, so the intake pipe has been made bigger.