SAU Community

stock bov

Hmm.. SAFC.. then it's a totally different story.. :lol:

I've got an aftermarket bov with a stock computer and no

addons. It still did stall on low revs, but that was fixed simply

by just increasing the idle abit. Sits at about 900rpms now.

nissanpower, eaeahh thanks... :crazy: where bouts?

Most of the sky's have a pretty high idle anyways don't they? Mine hasn't stalled with a turbosmart type 3, i think my idle is about 800. Just block the return pipe an it'll be sweet!

I was considering disconnecting the return pipe on the stock bov to avoid defects, and its a pretty good budget bov too!:P

a piece of broom stick or a film cannister works well, i had a film cannister in there for a few a week....pretty dangerous though, could have melt.

Hey Eric, guess where i put the plug for my type 3 BOV??? INSIDE THE BOV! When it came with the adaptor it was inside the adapter hole, so i thought thats where it went. I went to turbo smart head office and complained my BOV was soundin funny. When they saw the plug fluttering up and down in the bov they brought all the staff outa the office to see wat i did. :lol:

hahaha

i plugged the hose with a water bottle top.. just to test it..

fits perfectly

and went for a little run..makes a nice sound..flat..sneezing sound.. but keeps stalling on low gear..

and than came back.. lift up the hoodd.. and it stank.. hhaha

doo all vent to atmo bov's smell?? also made weird noise..

so i just put everything back together and hope theres nothing wrong..

oh yeah and seems to be leaking abit too

sh*t

hahhaee yeah i think i plugged it back right.. just roll the hose back on and clamp it..

hmm maybe the smell coming from the optimax.. i heard some people say optimax has farty smell.. loll and some of my friends say the car kinda smells too..

hahee hey how can i make my idle higher??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• The two tyres U have mentioned are the same height as the profile height is a  calculated percentage of the width 
    • appears to be, I loosened the bleeder on top IACV and coolant came out.
    • The markings on a balancer are on the outer. The outer is separated from the inner by the rubber. The outer and the inner can, and will, slip against each other as the balancer starts to fail. Put a new balancer on it.
    • Are you going to be at WTAC this year @bcozican? Just realised it's coming up end of August so not long to go at all. https://www.worldtimeattack.com/
    • I just replaced the timing belt, along with tensioner, idler, water pump, etc. all the front end engine stuff with all new stock Nissan parts on my 98 R34 GTT that I just recently got, so glad I did as the belt ,tensor, idler and water pump were all original to the car with over 161 Km and looked absolutely terrible, honestly I cant believe the belt has not broken, luckily I have not driving the vehicle since I got it, and only have ran a few times because I've been restoring it over this winter. I turned engine over by hand and lined up all the timing marks from cams, to the head (plate behind pulleys), and crank to  oil pump block mark, as ran fine, but had a lot of front end noise. the idler sounded like gravel and the tensioner had to no tensor left on it at all as it appeared the spring had rusted in place due to a waterpump leak over the years. so the timing belt was very loose on the left or tensioner side. Never the less I turn engine by hand until everything lined up even with the marks on the original belt. I remove everything making sure not to rotate anything, then put in new tensioner,  idler, made sure all marks from belt matched marks on the pulleys, cams and crank alike and all marks from crank and cams to head and block were perfect. I slowly turned by hand and everything lined up on the cams and crank to the head and block every other time, as proper. all looked fine until I put the lower timing belt cover back on, then the  harmonic balancer, at this point before torqueing the crank bolt down I noticed the timing mark on the lower cover to the harmonic balancer is off. I think the marks on the harmonic balancer and in 5 degrees, from 0-20  and it should be at 0, but some how its around -2.5, not enough for a belt notch, and there is little play in this cover to the block. The key way and key are perfect on the crank and slot in balancer is perfect, no play here, and the cams and other timing marks seem to be on. Is this something to be concerned with or will it be fine. maybe just this way due to a new stock Nissan belt?? slightly tight and will stretch a hair??? I marked the CAS before disassembly and know it should be set to 15 degrees BTDC or so at 650 rpms per engine decal. so do I need to worry about what appears to be a slight retard of the mechanical timing? or will this slight difference be compensated when I adjust my CAS?   appreciate any insight.