SAU Community

Wa Pits

niran

sorry to barge in but the 33gtst calipers and 32 gtr calipers are very similar but 1 characteristic, the pistons inside the caliper on the 32 gtr are slightly larger.. but hey, whos gonna pick that? lol

niran your brakes will pass fine dont worry

speak to an engineer first, get him to look over everything, he will tell ya wat he wants to see for him/her to approve it

lol i just got another idea.. scratch off ur engine number from the block, take off the coil pack cover

go to another pits, wen they scratch their heads at the absent engine number, play dumb and hope for the best??? haha

haha! i wish i could do that, yer hopefully brakes should be alright, do you know any places that i can get an engineer to check ? i know the pits have one however i doubt hes gonna come out and go through my car without the engine being approved yet,

thanks , niran

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well niran, it sucks that you got pulled up like that.

Before Nic_A31 or anyone else leads you further astray..

The differences between 32gtst, 33gtst and 32gtr calipers are:

-32gtst bolt holes to suit 280mm rotor

-33gtst bolt holes to suit 296mm rotor

-32gtr physically the same size and bolt centres as 33gtst but lighter

Rear brakes are all the same.

If you fit the brakes that come from the same vehicle as the engine, then that and the fact that the car is a good 100kg lighter should be enough to satisfy the engineer.

If you also explain that you have upgraded to the gearbox that also suit the new engine, that should go a fair way too.

Also.. gone up too much RAC horsepower?? 167kW to 186kW??

bubba what would i do without you ? ahaha

thanks for that man i will try get my hands on some r33 brake calipers and rotors, and yep have already wrote about the gearbox in the form they got me to fill out.

About the RAC horse power i know its stupid the guy at the back off the counter just was being an absolute ass saying how ive increased my bore size by a massive amount and that ive also got a snail on the side off it.. so i told him yes i do have a turbo on it but so did the rb20, then he kept going on about how still with a fmic its gonna have a huge difference and bla bla.. so in the end i just didnt bother and got some one else there to check the car so i could get an extension on my pits permit

Just chase some 33gtst front calipers dude and throw some RDA slotted rotors on while you're there, 2nd hand rotors are gay :D If you want PM me and I'll see if I can get you a good price.

I've got 324mm DBA's on the front but my RDA rears were dirt cheap.

from what i remember what i did with my 26 conversion. i filled in that form they gave you, then after that they asked for it to get engineer to look at it. when i had the engineer look at i still had the standard gtst breaks and i just told the engineer that the break between each model are pretty much the same size.

the engineer cert i got was for my coilovers, rb26, and my bride seats. for some reason they didnt give me one for my intercooler, i am guessing that it could be because the gtrs came standard with front mounts.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/lic_IB...ngiSig_2007.pdf

this should be the list of engineers

i went through Don Stevens i think he is on the second page.

he also came to me to inspect the car

Just chase some 33gtst front calipers dude and throw some RDA slotted rotors on while you're there, 2nd hand rotors are gay :D If you want PM me and I'll see if I can get you a good price.

I've got 324mm DBA's on the front but my RDA rears were dirt cheap.

hey dude

i will probably go that way, first ill get my hands on some R33 calipers and see how much i can get the DBA fronts from my work, either way i will let you know if i need some rotors from you.

Thanks for all your help man :ermm:

from what i remember what i did with my 26 conversion. i filled in that form they gave you, then after that they asked for it to get engineer to look at it. when i had the engineer look at i still had the standard gtst breaks and i just told the engineer that the break between each model are pretty much the same size.

the engineer cert i got was for my coilovers, rb26, and my bride seats. for some reason they didnt give me one for my intercooler, i am guessing that it could be because the gtrs came standard with front mounts.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/lic_IB...ngiSig_2007.pdf

this should be the list of engineers

i went through Don Stevens i think he is on the second page.

he also came to me to inspect the car

hey man, thanks for all the info i was thinking maybe before i do hand in the form to go talk to one off the engineers and ask what he/she would like done or what i must change before i am able to be approved.

Also that link you gave me for some reason does not work, what did you type in the search bar for the list off all the engineers?

Thanks, Niran

hey everyone i got a few questions that i need a bit of help with.

Page 5

Diff- Model/Type? .. do i just leave that blank as the diff is still the stock one that came with the car?

Page 6

Chassis - Will the chassis or body or mounting be modified in anyway? .. should i put yes as the mounting brackets for the gearbox had to be changed?

page 8

Tryes front/rear

-What is the manufactures original tyre size and profile, i put 205/55/r16 is this right?

-what front tyre size and profile to be fitted to vehicle, i put 225/50/r16 ( as ive got r32 gtr rims on the car )

Wheel Rims front/rear (ive got r32 gtr rims so for this i did the following)

-Will the wheel rims be changed, i put tick on Yes

-will the wheel rim onset/offset be changed?, i put yes

-What will the rim onset/offset be? can some one confirm that as im not to sure ?

-Will the wheel rim width be changed from original? i put yes

-Will the wheel rim diameter be changed? i said no

-If the wheel is to be changed from original explain changes. I said rims fitted will be r32 GTR rims which are 8inch wide, is that right?

-Modified wheel track________mm. i have no idea about this?

-Original manufactures wheel track_______mm, Again have no idea?

-Original manufactures Wheel rim width, I put 6.5 inch.

Thanks for all the help guys

Niran

Page 5

Diff- Model/Type? .. do i just leave that blank as the diff is still the stock one that came with the car?

Leave blank as it's not being changed.

Page 6

Chassis - Will the chassis or body or mounting be modified in anyway? .. should i put yes as the mounting brackets for the gearbox had to be changed?

No, gearbox / engine mounts have their own section. This section applies to chassis and subframe modifications.

page 8

Tryes front/rear

-What is the manufactures original tyre size and profile, i put 205/55/r16 is this right?

-what front tyre size and profile to be fitted to vehicle, i put 225/50/r16 ( as ive got r32 gtr rims on the car )

-What will the rim onset/offset be? can some one confirm that as im not to sure ?

-If the wheel is to be changed from original explain changes. I said rims fitted will be r32 GTR rims which are 8inch wide, is that right?

Dunno about all the numbers - somebody else can answer those.

Wheel track is distance from inside (or outside??) of two wheels. Hub to hub, basically.

I beleive the GTR rims have less offset, which will increase track, you might need to jump through some hoops for that as well.

"R32 GTR" doesn't mean alot to them, just explain you're fitting rims from a different release of the same vehicle.

Pretty sure "track" is measured from outside of wheel to outside of wheel.

Not sure on stock GTR offset but I think it's around +20 whereas stock 32/33gtst is like +38..

So, going from a 6.5" rim (33gtst is 6.5", can't remember if 32gtst is 6.5" too or only 6") to an 8" rim with an offset difference of 18 means..

8"-6.5"=1.5"

1.5*25.4=38.1 (each rim is 38mm wider)

38.1/2=19.05 (we only want the outside of the wheel)

19.05+18=37.05 (outer rim width increase + difference in offset)

Therefore, each wheel will sit 37mm further out, increasing the track by 74mm overall. Now you just need to find out what the standard track is..

Page 5

Leave blank as it's not being changed.

Page 6

No, gearbox / engine mounts have their own section. This section applies to chassis and subframe modifications.

page 8

Tryes front/rear

Dunno about all the numbers - somebody else can answer those.

Wheel track is distance from inside (or outside??) of two wheels. Hub to hub, basically.

I beleive the GTR rims have less offset, which will increase track, you might need to jump through some hoops for that as well.

"R32 GTR" doesn't mean alot to them, just explain you're fitting rims from a different release of the same vehicle.

hey man thanks for all that ill let them know it was a variant model off the r32, besides that everything else should be fine

Pretty sure "track" is measured from outside of wheel to outside of wheel.

Not sure on stock GTR offset but I think it's around +20 whereas stock 32/33gtst is like +38..

So, going from a 6.5" rim (33gtst is 6.5", can't remember if 32gtst is 6.5" too or only 6") to an 8" rim with an offset difference of 18 means..

8"-6.5"=1.5"

1.5*25.4=38.1 (each rim is 38mm wider)

38.1/2=19.05 (we only want the outside of the wheel)

19.05+18=37.05 (outer rim width increase + difference in offset)

Therefore, each wheel will sit 37mm further out, increasing the track by 74mm overall. Now you just need to find out what the standard track is..

:banana: wow! thanks for that dude, alright so i will put that down for the r32 GTR rims, i went to the tech section in Welshpool today they said dont worry to much about the stock track on the wheel as they can check that on there computers.. besides that i think i should be all good to go and hand the paper in :)

Thanks for all the help guys

hey man i just got that link from one of my topics i had about a year ago when i was trying to get my yellow off. you can try search engineer on there or you could ask the pits to give ya the list

16x8 +30 for R32 GT-R wheels.

So track change is 16mm from offset changes.

Also different widths adds more.

3 inches difference, but halved gives you 1.5inches

38.1mm + 16mm = 54.1mm total track change.

There ya go :D

P.S. I have a feeling you can only increase track by 25mm either side but hey.. what's a couple of millimeters between friends?:)

Edited by bubba

Aslong as they're inside the guards they'll be fine but if he starts putting down figures on the form and some desk-monkey decides that 4mm contravenes the regumalations.. that would suck.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the wheels unless they were something extreme that you want to try and get permitted to lessen the hass from the cops.

Welshpool tech section will have a list of the engineers

Did they ask you to get an emmisions test? or does that only apply for aftermarket turbos/ecus?

Hey man they didnt ask me to do an emissions test because i told them that i will be having a stock r32 exhaust with a Catalytic converter so should be fine

16x8 +30 for R32 GT-R wheels.

So track change is 16mm from offset changes.

Also different widths adds more.

3 inches difference, but halved gives you 1.5inches

38.1mm + 16mm = 54.1mm total track change.

Awesome thanks for that man :D

im sure it will be fine if engineered.

lets be honest 90% of us have wheels that dont suit. if need be run your stockies?

Aslong as they're inside the guards they'll be fine but if he starts putting down figures on the form and some desk-monkey decides that 4mm contravenes the regumalations.. that would suck.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the wheels unless they were something extreme that you want to try and get permitted to lessen the hass from the cops.

yep they are defiantly in the guards reason i put them down was because they are the least widest rims i got, the other ones are 17 by 9 and 17 by 10..

yeah i wouldnt bother either.

Really? i dont have any stock r32 gts-t rims i have always had r32 GTR rims and was thinking well if im going to get engine approved might as well put the rims on there? or shouldn't i?

Edited by niran