SAU Community

Natrually Aspirated Sky's

Guest |aunch

Guest |aunch

Just flicking through the threads, I noticed that a few (presumably insurance challenged) ppl seem to have non-turbo R32's and R33's. One of the magazines out at the moment (HPI maybe?) has a shootout between an NA Supra and an NA R33. Do any of the owners have anything to say about their cars? Prices, performance, reliability, availability of servicing/ parts etc?

I am off to the newsagents to find a copy of said magazine :mad:

ello :mad:

well lets see, parts and whatnot are as easy to obtain as parts for the turbo model hehehe

insurance (depending who you search for) is cheaper, performance im pretty happy with it i got about 100rwkw not much compared to a turbo, but lets compare it to a car this guy that i know has

he has one of the Ford EA Brock

they are 3.9ltr cars, they come standared with extractors and bigger cams....but i saw his dyno sheet it only made 101rwkw after tune, before its tune it made 94rwkw

my car is just 2.5ltr with no extractors...(yet)...and made 96rwkw untuned, i have gotten it tuned since then but dunno what it makes yet hehe but yeah i reckon i could stonk some of the commies and the falcons 4ltr's

yer i heard that its in the recents months HPI, i'm gonna go out and buy it coz i have a na r33 :mad:

the na supra is slightly faster than the na r33, but for the price of a na supra, u could buy a turbo r33!!! and i'm pretty sure we all know which one of those is faster!

hey doxximus, if u don't mind me asking, where did u get ur car tuned and how much does it set u back?

Guest Boxhead

damm you!!!! i only have a na rb20!!! which means your faster then me.. so.. damit... i mighthave to get some extractors done... mmhmm...

yeah boxhead ask funkiemonkey he has extractors on his rb20 :mad:

i got my tune done at P.E.T Modifications in Melb

they charged me $120 an hour and i think thats reasonable enough

with parts and oils and whatever they changed it ended up being around $240

that was with filter changes (air and oil) new plugs, synthetic oil,

they did timing adjustments and said my car was way off, i felt the difference when i hopped back in hehe

hahahaha nah its legit there was a period when brock went to ford (so i believe) but yeah the EA brock was made and sold and well....i dont like em hahaha

wheels are nice though for standared

quoted from eafalcon.com

"Not everything Peter Brock touched turned to gold in the '80s, though this manual 1989 EA Falcon Brock Signature Edition, owned by Steve W from NSW, is clearly a fine piece of work. Number 058 of 500 produced, it cost $14,000 with only 42,000 kms on the clock when purchased in 2001. The 3.9 litre MPI engine is fitted with extractors and a bigger cam. Its appearance is helped by a muscular body kit, 16" wheels, lowered suspension and tinted windows."

this is the pic:

whiteEAbrock.jpg

Guest |aunch

Heh heh, yeah Doxximus, those EA's were pretty ****e...

_turtle_, the HPI guys make that exact statement (about an NA supra costing as much as a turbo skyline).

Here is an interesting one for you ex-static, not only did he make up a modded EA, he used to race an AWD Turbo Sierra if my memory serves me correctly... Makes you wonder how much some of these Holden/ Ford only men really go with the brand loyalty thing when the dollars are showing :mad:

Guest |aunch

Hell yeah Meggala, how could I have forgotten? Those Polarizers rocked! I hear that the Jap Tuning Boys import them to make their GTR's do 9z. Rigoli uses 'em on his WRX. My cousin has a Barina Swing, and he put on a Polarizer, now it does low elevens I reckon :P

Ahhh, Brocky, the originator of Aussie rice/ no extra performance mods.

NB: The Polarizer was the precursor to such favourites as "fluffy dice", and "chrome mag wheel covers"

Originally posted by doxximus

he has one of the Ford EA Brock  

they are 3.9ltr cars, they come standared with extractors and bigger cams....but i saw his dyno sheet it only made 101rwkw after tune, before its tune it made 94rwkw    

I have an EA. 1988 GL, stock as a rock, no big cams, no extractors, no nothing, and on LPG. I got 89rwkw on the dyno!!! That thing must be claggggged! Unless Fords only give 1rwkw per mod!:lol:

Guest |aunch

Boxhead and doxximus, the "energy polariser" as it was known, was a little plastic box riveted to the firewall of the VL Brock Commodores. Here is what journo Morley (drive.com etc) had to say:

"This little device, said Brock, effectively tuned the molecules into one another and made a more powerful, efficient and "together" car.

Tosh, said Holden."

http://drive.fairfax.com.au/content/199902...s/review69.html

Good reading as always :P

There was a report on Today Tonight (I think) on the polarizer not long ago. Apparently they're huge in the US. The fuel runs through it, and somehow ups the octane value. They dynoed an EF falcon and proved that it was 5rwkw better after the polarizer was installed. Not a bad mod considering they cost ~$50!

Guest Boxhead
Originally posted by doxximus

might need to get me one then, are they leagal ?

where can i grab one from?

yes yes im with doxx on this one, us NA guys, specially rb20 NA guys need as much as possible!!!

Guest |aunch

Hah hah hah, riggaP, do you mean that Today Tonight ran a dyno test! Bwahahahhahahahahah!!!!

I don't know why, but I find that rather amusing :)