SAU Community

What Colour Should I Do My Dash In?

G0DZLR

looking for ideas on what to re paint my dash surround in...im over the peeling rubber stuff thats on it.

ideas so far are piano black, shadow chrome/metalic grey (to match the outside colour), or candy red to match my rocker covers...

any else got any other ideas?

mines a silver/chrome look atm not to overpowering...

but yeh probably match with ur car colour i guess and it would still look factory colour in your case really...i know what u mean about the rubber parts thats what i did mine for

I reckon go the piano black.. It'll look clean n look standard.. But then again , ur car ur choice.. What r u leaning towards? While we're here dya just get the paint from autobarn? If yerr wadya ask for? Cuz I'm doin mine soon.. N one more noob question.. Would u need to take the dash off or just paint in inside the car? Sorry for using ur thread to ask these quetions btw.. Cheers

calvz

What other interior mods do you have planned? I.e How far are you planning on taking it?

For something simple a two tone of a darker grey with a silver highlights is common but fairly effective if decent quality.

A Slightly darker grey then standard would look good as well if trying to keep it simple.

If your going something like Candy red to match other parts of the car. You really would need retrimmed front and rear seats/ steering wheel etc. Otherwise the rest of the interior will look lost compared to the dash. To do the whole lot will add up very quickly unless you can do it all urself. (Unless your just looking at small highlights in the color, but you would still need something else to back it up like seat covers or gear boots. etc)

Luke

whatever it is itl have to withstand heat, cos we all know how hot aus gets in the summer...im almost leaning towards getting it 2-Pac'd.

not a big fan of the stick-on carbon fibre, mainly because being a sticker wouldnt it fade over time?... but yeah. probly leaning toward the piano black or body colour. intereior mods will probably eventually involve a full retrim in black leather...a while down the track though hah. atm it has white neons in the footwell and under the passenger and drivers seats, so black on white looks pretty neat atm. but yeah

• 2 months later...

the rubber was peeling on mine too, and my car is the same colour as yours

In the end i used mineral terps and a rag and rubbed the rest of the rubber crap off then armouralled it and it looks pimp

Its pretty much piano black. Only thing with mine is that the one surrounding the gear stick never came up as shiny.