SAU Community

Non Skyline Injector Problem (nissan Patrol)

Bond

My mates tb42 EFI nissan patrol is running rough. After a bit of fault finding we have seen that one of the injectors is not getting a signal from the ECU. We swapped ECU's with mine and its still the same. Put a new CAS and still the same.

I know its not a turbo skyline but i'm pretty sure they have a very similar ecu to an R31 or R32.

Any help with this would be great.

James

check for voltage pulse at the injector plug, then at the ecu's output.

if the ecu is putting out signal and its not getting to the injector itself, clearly there is a breakdown in the wiring somewhere between A and B.

as i already said, did you check for pulse at the back of the ecu aswell?

if theres no pulse coming out the back of the plug on the ecu then either your ecu is shot or your plug is not seating properly, you work it out.

There should be battery voltage (12-14v) at one of the injector pins, the other is earthed by the ecu which completes the circuit and operates the injector. If you don't have 12-14volts at one of the injector pins could be wiring problem/bad connection/blown fuse/ corroded connector.... etc. If you get 12 volts at one pin then there is a problem with the wiring to the computer (the wire could be open circuited) if you have a wiring diagram you ca ncut the wire about an inch from either plug and solder in a new wire to fix it. hope this helps