SAU Community

Adelaide International + Anti Hoons

GTR Grey Ghost

it's good that you have these ideas, but there are alot of loopholes that you can get through.

Cops will always look at modified cars, you can be doing nothing wrong, and BAM, pulled over.

You can lobby to have a sticker saying you are not a hoon, but the sticker will not influence you to change your driving style.

I really want a motorplex, as much as everyone else does here, but what is holding people back is the current Government. Too busy securing back-door deals, and soon to be crushing cars.

God i love Hoonelaide.

Really dont have an answer and am pretty sure know one has put this to Rann, who has actually taken the time to put any ideas forward, has anyone?
Motorplex = Rann says no, he said he will not give the hoons somewhere to hoon, he's an idiot.

Is a copper going to cruise up next to you and say, gee mate thats great driving ya doin there at 60, cheers, have a great day

You would be surprised how many times I have been pulled over in my skyline, 2am, p plates, car full of pissed mates, and a sober driver impeccably obeying all roadrules. Once I pass the breatho they often do say great driving good to see someone young being responsible have a nice night and continue to drive safely.

Anyway the idea of paying money in order to reduce police attention sounds awfully similar to bribery to me, and the people buying into it would be mainly those who are looking to get rid of cop attention, AKA hoons. I can't see it working and it would definately be illegal

You would be surprised how many times I have been pulled over in my skyline, 2am, p plates, car full of pissed mates, and a sober driver impeccably obeying all roadrules. Once I pass the breatho they often do say great driving good to see someone young being responsible have a nice night and continue to drive safely.

Anyway the idea of paying money in order to reduce police attention sounds awfully similar to bribery to me, and the people buying into it would be mainly those who are looking to get rid of cop attention, AKA hoons. I can't see it working and it would definately be illegal

We are talking regulated, cheers

I wouldn't pay. While its a nice idea, it would amount to nothing in the long run, there are always reasons for a police officer to pull you over. That said, I've had my GTR for 3 years as a daily driver, and I've only been pulled over twice, and then let on my way 5 minutes later. I'm not worried in the slightest.

-D

We are talking regulated, cheers

in my opinion it wouldnt work. import / car enthusiasts in general usually find more constructive ways to use their hard earned. Im with crackfox, its a little like bribery.

in my opinion it wouldnt work. import / car enthusiasts in general usually find more constructive ways to use their hard earned. Im with crackfox, its a little like bribery.

Is not about being worried, is more about differentiation between car enthusiasts and the hoon, thats it guys, would actually like the dipsticks removed, you mentioned Rann not wanting to contribute, thats because of Hoons, things may be different otherwise, cheers guys

My bad, so an official government controlled club that individuals can pay to join that openly offers its members special police consideration?

It still sounds like bribery/corruption to me.

Wow thats hilarious and remember we stated regulated, not CLUB, this was an IDEA, no special consideration at all, MEMBERS of a club, haha, we are talking Registration as in Regulated with our papers, mate, this is another post I wish I did not start lol

because who wants to be regulated?

I'm not going to voluntarily subject myself to another extra special set of rules, just because some bogan/cockheads cant find the time to make a track day or find a skidpan. especially not paying for it. this is supposed to be a free country - we should be protesting and making a noise to get the prejudice removed against enthusiasts rather than caving in and trying to create a secondary version of licencing and rego. I think most of this shit will blow over once rann is gone in any case. If the liberals stick to their guns and allow the motorsport park, then >street racers< wont have any excuse for their behaviour...

sapol do not care about clubs. the onus is on the individual, and that is why they target individuals. having another club is going to make no difference

-D

Wow thats hilarious and remember we stated regulated, not CLUB, this was an IDEA, no special consideration at all, MEMBERS of a club, haha, we are talking Registration as in Regulated with our papers, mate, this is another post I wish I did not start lol

NOT ALL CAR ENTHUSIASTS ARE HOONS!!!

ask nanna down the street, or our easily bruised leader, and they'll tell you otherwise.

"dipsticks incorporated"

are they on the market? i think i wanna buy some stock in that.

I have some ideas, maybe the older farts like myself and or the younger more mature can work together possibly with the Government to come to some sort of arrangement, here is one thought, should we all contribute some funds to the Anti-Hoon Foundation which I suggest the Government create.

good luck with that. i wont pay a cent. and i cant think of anyone who would be stupid enough to think it would work.

eg: This would mean an old fart like myself would have contributed funds (a pre-determined dollar value by the Government) this is how it works......when the Police see 42 yr old me driving my GTR and do a rego check they see that I am all for Anti-Hoon as I am a Registered Financial Anti Hoon Contributor , and against dipsticks, further to the above the Government would contribute those funds to sifting out the Hoons and possibly consider a push and using some of those funds for Adelaide International Raceway redevelopement.

f**k redeveloping air. why the hell should i pay for that anyway? bob had his chance.

gillman or bust.

I think most of us agree that the episode in Rundle Street was insane and those who dont are the ones the Government should target, not us!!!!

i thought it was awesome.

doesnt make me a hoon. or someone that should be targeted.

im hesitant to drive mine on the street (not that i can at the moment) because im always picked on because im on my p plates, yet i dont go around the streets doing burnouts.

ill happily be driving along doing 55 in a 60 , not drawing any attention to myself , and BAM pulled over and defected. its happened more then once, and for things that arent a defect.

your car is bright f**king orange.

like it or not, you could be the most sensible driver on the planet, and youd still be drawing attention to yourself.

Edited by scandyflick

because who wants to be regulated?

we should be protesting and making a noise to get the prejudice removed against enthusiasts rather than caving in and trying to create a secondary version of licencing and rego. I

-D

I agree with the above, just finding away to get rid of the prejudice, cheers.....

I wouldn't pay. While its a nice idea, it would amount to nothing in the long run, there are always reasons for a police officer to pull you over. That said, I've had my GTR for 3 years as a daily driver, and I've only been pulled over twice, and then let on my way 5 minutes later. I'm not worried in the slightest.

-D

Agreed with Dohmar, Ive had my car almost 3 years, driven it probly 18 months out of those 3 years, been pulled over around 6 times, all were my fault, none of them were random, let go all but once with a warning.. Im on my P's, own a GTR, never been defected or 'hassled' by the police, why? cos my car is pretty much stock on the outside. These days you have to modify your car without drawing attention to yourself, which these days means stock body, stock rims etc.. If you want to modify the outside, leave it stock on the inside or you'll get defected.

As long as Rann is still Premier we are screwed.

Exactly. Vote him out, its time for someone differant and hopefully better. as i said on my facebook, if the government are going to ban people from driving forever for 'hooning', make the hoon laws better and straight forward so theres no grey areas, and actually have them where we can get a copy of them so if a police officer tries to f**k with us, we have them and can tell him to piss off. Also have a set of rules for what is actually defectable to a T, so we can have copies of that too. That way we know what is actually defectable, so if your getting defected for something thats not defectable, show the cop the rules, or if you are and you know its defectable, sucked in, your fault!

If there are copies of these please let me know.

Dont forget Mitch, they have all your details on their computer, your doing ANYTHING wrong (or anything they dont like) your f**ked.. As what happened with your last defect...

Motorplex = Rann says no, he said he will not give the hoons somewhere to hoon, he's an idiot.
I would love an f6 or a maloo ute over a skyline other then a 34 or 35 gtr

such nice cars inside and out plus power

Right let me not get flamed for this : IF the government would give us somewhere to go AND leave us alone coming in and out then i see no problems with a clear black and white set of hoon laws! There's to many wankers who think burnouts on the street are sick!