SAU Community

R33 Gts25t Starting Issues

Hey all havn't been on here in a while flat out working and such

Just having a few issues with my 33 at the moment when trying to start it,

it seems to take a long time before it starts up, its like its flooding, yet sometimes

it will start up fine, and other times takes 2 to 3 goes before it will start, some of

my mates reckon it could be the crank angle sensor but don't know

could any of you guys shed some light on what it could be, its recently had new

spark plugs, battery, fuel filter etc etc, its also had a few lots of injector cleaner through it

but that was a fair while ago and its been running fine up till a few days ago.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you've gone through most easy-solutions, same as i went through before i thought as your mates and borrowed a CAS. Solved my problem until my coil packs started sendig lightbolts all over that is :D

So borrow a CAS if possible, or atleast pull yours out and listen to it, dows it make any sounds when you rotate it? Mine was really bad at the end, wouldnt start unless i was toed and stepped of the clutch. Pulled it out and it sounded like it had lots and lots of gravel inside.

Be careful though, if you're not able to out it back and use a timing light then mark up real good how it sits before you remove it unless you want some real timing issues :rofl2:

Thanks unfortunately I'm unable to borrow a CAS, but I'll check it out,

its been off before when I last got it serviced as they replaced the cam gaskets

so they have marked its postion where it should go back, so that will make it easier

for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Am still having starting issues with my R33, anyone got any suggestions?

I checked that crank angle sensor it seems fine, yet car is still playing up I took it

to a place to get it checked out and they can't find anything wrong with the car at all,

the only thing they could think of is it could be a bad batch of fuel could this be the case?

I'm inclined to think its not the fuel as the car runs fine once its started but now and then

it dosn't want to start up it just keeps cranking over and over and then will eventually start.

I did use the cheaper unleaded fuel once just recently as the servo had run out of the premuim 98

otherwise I'm always running with the BP ultimate 98 fuel, the cheaper fuel wouldn't have upset it would it?