SAU Community

New Clutch

Howdy, So it's almost exactly a year on from the day that I bought my skyline, and discovered, while driving up the hill to my house that the clutch on it was slipping wildly. Needless to say that some quite expensive things went bang under the bonnet (this is a pretty serious hill y'know). So I did as you would do, and bought a HD clutch. I was assured that this one would "never brake" and would "outlive the car". I speak of course, of the retrospecitely mediocre Xtreme Drift Clutch. After putting that in, it had master cylinder problems, adding to the clutch's repertoire that the pedal now stuck to the floor without any aid from my foot... A decidedly poor move. With that fixed it seemed like all was well... Sort of. I've just come back from working up north to find that once again my car-outliving clutch is slipping. With this in I've gone on a modicum of cruises, and generally driven to uni and back a bit, so having worn through it's "excellent holding characteristics" is a bit naff. Anyway, without ripping it out, Xtreme can't tell me if it's garuanteed or not, and to be honest I'm not so sure I'd really like another one, especially not if it's installed by the same people I was recomended to last time.

So my question is this: what kind of clutches have other people had that you'd recomend again? I've got quite a growing collection of parts to put on an tune with, hoping to see about 400rwhp, so obviously it'll obviously have to hold that. I'm not at all put off by it being a bit of a cop to drive, as long as it works and handles really nicely when it's under load and it needs to.

Any advice would be great =D

Sorry I know this has probably been covered a billion times...