SAU Community

How To Remove Dash Surround , Climate Control , Head Unit & Cluster

DamageInc

• 8 months later...

Awesome guide! Though, can anybody tell me how to remove the dash part thats below the steering column? I've found at least one philips screw and two bolts on the right, but still can't get the darn thing off. Affraid of ripping it up if I pull to hard..

Awesome guide! Though, can anybody tell me how to remove the dash part thats below the steering column? I've found at least one philips screw and two bolts on the right, but still can't get the darn thing off. Affraid of ripping it up if I pull to hard..

It is clipped in at the top and you really should remove the dash surround (as pictured in the guide here) to remove properly. There is 1 x phillips head screw and 2 x 10mm bolts where the bonnet release is. You then have to pull the bonnet release cable out of the way and it pop the panel out from the bottom then the top pops out of its locators behind the dash surround.

Hope this helps.

George

• 1 year later...

Sorry i know this is an old post but i did all the steps to the part where i take out the dash itself mine seem to have more than just the cable clip it had single lines to the dash as well could you possibly guide me a bit more thans.

• 9 months later...

Again with the resurrecting of an ancient thread... but does the dash surround from an R33 GTR fit into a GTS-t?

Just to answer my own question - yep, it fits fine :)

And everything works fine? Must be from the same year though? I assume the back circuitry boards are the same colour? I did a r32 gtr 89 model stock dash to a white face nismo cluster and that worked fine after changing the clusters over

And everything works fine? Must be from the same year though? I assume the back circuitry boards are the same colour? I did a r32 gtr 89 model stock dash to a white face nismo cluster and that worked fine after changing the clusters over

Assuming this is a response to my post above - I only swapped the dash surround, i.e. the fascia that surrounds the climate control, headunit, mirror controls and cluster, not the cluster itself.