SAU Community

Will This Amp Go With This Setup?

vudoo

planning on putting in R series alpine speakers, 6.5 component set at front and 6.5 coaxial set at back for straight fit

they are rated at 100w rms so jst making sure this amp will do the trick

http://www.lifestylestore.com.au/products/...lifiers/OAC160/

seems like good value for money considering the power output im getting

i jst didnt want to fork out an extra 100-200 for a brand name amp that would get me the power output i need for the speakers...

also how much will sound deadening the doors set me back if i get a pro to do it?

From my personal experience, i have learned that brand names such as kicker outperform by a mile other brands even if the kicker amps are not "rated" as high.

Edited by adis

Well, It got a decent power output yes! probably a little too much for those speakers, The thing im worried about most is harmonic distortion rate. It doesnt say it ( and its a pretty important factor) so its obviously not very good therefore having the 4, 100wrms wouldnt help much becuase the signal would be distorted, Personally from experiance i have done a couple Alpine setups similar to that with a Blaupunkt GTA475, I think its about 400$ 3 yr warrenty, 0.01%HDS, 4 x 75Wrms ( more suited to the alpine speakers) better input voltage control, crossover control and sensitivity controls.