SAU Community

Going To Get A C34

STAG3A

If you can find one locally even in another state for not much more than importing go for it.

I have used j-spec a few times to import. No fault of theirs but it always takes longer than you think and costs more.

Do you really want to wait for a car, realistically by the time it is on road, 3 months and not test drive it before you buy?

want a series 1 or 2? which state are you in?

i am selling a series 1 for much less than that.(only gets driven to work by the mrs these days, so i want to get a cheap hatch, and sell my 32 for a bike when i cbf)

I imported my last stag through J-spec, I would highly recommend them. Very little trouble at all. I dealt with Ben and he was 100% honest about the car i was getting and gave me an excellant report on it before i purchased.

After buying from a Dealer this time round, I would of much preferred to go through J-spec again, unfortunately i couldn't deal with the waiting time. Like Darrin said...3 months is what you really should expect..But it could easily go longer then that.

want a series 1 or 2? which state are you in?

i am selling a series 1 for much less than that.(only gets driven to work by the mrs these days, so i want to get a cheap hatch, and sell my 32 for a bike when i cbf)

Im after a Series 2, sorry.

stagman Posted Today, 11:13 PM

I imported my last stag through J-spec, I would highly recommend them. Very little trouble at all. I dealt with Ben and he was 100% honest about the car i was getting and gave me an excellant report on it before i purchased.

After buying from a Dealer this time round, I would of much preferred to go through J-spec again, unfortunately i couldn't deal with the waiting time. Like Darrin said...3 months is what you really should expect..But it could easily go longer then that.

The time factor doesn't really bother me, probably better. car probably wouldn't fit in garage i got now so when my house is finished at end of year ill have more room to park it.

I think nowadays there are so many options, if you dont mind waiting then import one, more likely to get exactly what you want that way.

If you dont want to wait then private or a yard is the go.

The market is slow atm locally for stag's so could pick up a good bargain if you look, like mine :)

I have used J-spec for 4 cars so far, and have no problem recommending them.

Wait times have been substantial between purchase and ready to register, but are not necessarily the compliance workshop's fault: I have dealt with ship breakdowns, Japanese holidays, end of financial year, New Zealand's change of import policy (my spots on the boat were taken by cars going to NZ, so they'd arrive before the new laws came into play), etc... If you don't mind the wait, it's well worth importing your own IMHO.

Chaser: 4 months

Legnum 3.5months

V35s: 7.5 months

ive been searching the forum about the factory double din unit that some come with. is there any point in get one with one in it? i know ill have to replace it to get it working in oz. but if i get one without it am i able to fit a double din unit?

ive been searching the forum about the factory double din unit that some come with. is there any point in get one with one in it? i know ill have to replace it to get it working in oz. but if i get one without it am i able to fit a double din unit?

i think you'll find that the stock double din xanavi screen is also the climate control, so not that easy to remove. mine didn't have the xanavi screen, just a single din climate control with double din cd player under that. the stagea has 3 din pockets available. now i have the single din climate control unit and a double din 7" touchscreen dvd,cd,etc.

Edited by QWK32