SAU Community

Extended Warranty For V35 - Question For Anyone Who Has Imported Their V35

Hey guys, had a local example of a V35 which I was going to buy checked out and turned out to have been a very average example. So seems I may have to reconsider importing something from Japan with Log books as the majority of V35's available here do not have them.

Just wanted to know if there are any respectable companies out there offering third party extended warranty which I can purchase to cover a V35 import which I bring here in order to protect myself from any unexpected issues. I'm located in Sydney

Also when importing your car did you get it checked out by a mechanic when it got here?

Cheers look forward to replies.

A few points.

- If you are importing yourself, you save money because you are wearing the risk.

- If you want some sort of warranty, you have to buy a car from one of your local dealers. You will pay more for it, and perhaps even end up with a car that has had its clock wound back (especially since you are in sydney...).

- Even if you do get a warranty, pay close attention to it, because in many cases they are not worth the paper that they are written on.

- These cars, at this young age, are fairly reliable. You might run into power window or dock lock issues, but these are rather cheaply fixed. Perhaps cheaper than what a warranty would cost you.

- I have imported a car with a log book, and another with a partial service history. They don't tell you very much (unless you read japanese), and it is no guarantee of anything.

p.s., what was average about the car you looked at today?

A few points.

- If you are importing yourself, you save money because you are wearing the risk.

- If you want some sort of warranty, you have to buy a car from one of your local dealers. You will pay more for it, and perhaps even end up with a car that has had its clock wound back (especially since you are in sydney...).

- Even if you do get a warranty, pay close attention to it, because in many cases they are not worth the paper that they are written on.

- These cars, at this young age, are fairly reliable. You might run into power window or dock lock issues, but these are rather cheaply fixed. Perhaps cheaper than what a warranty would cost you.

- I have imported a car with a log book, and another with a partial service history. They don't tell you very much (unless you read japanese), and it is no guarantee of anything.

p.s., what was average about the car you looked at today?

Actually got it checked by a inspection company and basically was told the only part of the car that was original was the roof lol!!! The rest was repaired, so the person bought a smashed car and fixed it.

Wanted to get a manual 2006 model, main things which frighten me I guess are the oil consumption issue and the oil collection with the spark plugs. I am aware the 2006 model did not get the electric window issue.

But if the car is in great nick might go for an 04 or 05 but they are getting a bit old now. Anyways thanks for the response.

Edited by LatinR33