SAU Community

380mm X 34mm Brake Rotors

Hi all, first up, i don't have a 35 Gtr. I have recently purchased a some 8 piston brembo calipers that will accept up to a 380mm x 34mm rotor which is the same as the ones on your vehicles. I have asked nissan and they won't sell the rotor's separately from the hats. The best price i can get is 1200 per rotor and hat! I will need custom hats anyway, so this option is of no use to me. I don't really want to use gtr Brembo rotors because of they tend to crack due to being cross drilled. I know a lot of the 35GTR owners dont want to pay top dollar for nissan/brembo rotors and hats because they can buy rotors much cheaper elsewhere. My questions to the R35 owners are

1) What are you using? sizes, pcd, specs etc.

2) What did they cost?

3) Can you use the standard R35 Brembo/Nissan hats with the other brands ie ALCON, AP RACING (do they have the same pcd as the standard rotors?)

4) Where can you get them?

I would prefer a big brand like Alcon because i know they should be on the shelves here in oz. PWR are the distributors and they are just down the road. Or can you suggest something that is readily available?

28102009114.jpg

15112009255.jpg

I will see you my R35 cross drilled rotors cheap if you like. no hats though

send me a pm if interested

otherwise I have AP rotors. they are great

cheers handbrake,

i noticed you had them for sale. little concerned about the cracking issue though. did the hats from the brembos bolt straight onto the ap racing rotors? from memory the ap rotors are 378x34 right? how much did you pay for them? where did you get them from? why are you selling your brembos? what do they measure now?

cheers handbrake,

i noticed you had them for sale. little concerned about the cracking issue though. did the hats from the brembos bolt straight onto the ap racing rotors? from memory the ap rotors are 378x34 right? how much did you pay for them? where did you get them from? why are you selling your brembos? what do they measure now?

will get the calipers out and check the rotor thickness. took them off because they are worth so much and i am tracking my car regularly.

cracking is only an issue if you are tracking the car.

they are the stock r35 rotors off my car.

cheers handbrake,

You can get AP rotors from Vsport or The Tuners Group for around $830 per rotor

These are direct replacement for the OME and they work very well on track. I've done about 6 track days on them and they are still fine.

You can get AP rotors from Vsport or The Tuners Group for around $830 per rotor

These are direct replacement for the OME and they work very well on track. I've done about 6 track days on them and they are still fine.

thanks. i have a few quotations to come in yet. i will let you guys know how i go. GGTTRR, did you look at any other rotors? ie brembo alcon etc? why did you choose the ap rotors?