SAU Community

2 sizes?

Driver

Hello,

If i was to get 18x8 wheels on a r34 skyline.

Would it be best to get 18x8 all round or different on the front?

Thanks

Brendan

The GTR (and the GTS4) needs to have the same size wheels/tyres all round otherwise you can run into problems with the ATTESSA torque split system.

For the GTT, there's no problem having different sizes from and rear. Standards are 17x7.5 +40. Most people go with 8 or 8.5 up front and 9 to 9.5 at the rear.

I notice he hasn't lowered it at all.  I wonder what difference that would make...

If you are talking about the blue GTT in the link I posted above, then he has lowered the car. In his specs he lists Nismo G Attack S tune suspension setup and goes on in his review how he's disappointed with the drop in ride height with them. I don't know if the pics were taken before or after the new suspension, but either way it seems the Nismo S tune suspension is not ideal if you want real low down looks...

By the way they are  18" rims

Mind if I ask what offsets you're running?

I've been thinking of going for similar sizes for my R34, but my main concerns are getting the correct offsets, avoid any rubbing of the fenders (or having to roll the arches) and not having major tramlining problems...

Mind if I ask what offsets you're running?  

I've been thinking of going for similar sizes for my R34, but my main concerns are getting the correct offsets, avoid any rubbing of the fenders (or having to roll the arches) and not having major tramlining problems...

I am not sure my son is the expert I will be seeing him over the weekend I will ask him.He tends to order things for my car I just have to pay for them :) .I think he is getting it ready for himself. :bs!:

I know the wheels are the ROH Drift wheels.

I will post over the weekend for you.

There is heaps of space between the guards will never rub.