SAU Community

R33 Swap

Damn.... sounds much more economical than my 2. Also got a couple more questions, if you don't mind.

- From the info on the blue plate, your car seems to be an import. Was it imported through you or the owner before you?

- The original engine is non turbo. Was a RB25DET swapped into it by the owner before you?

- If an engine swap was done, were there any engineer's certs for it?

- I know there're no original logbooks as it's an import, but do you have your service history on it?

I've never driven the car anywhere but around town, it runs exactly the same as my old skyline & I once drove that from wodonga to Melbourne (300km), filled up when I got to Melbourne & it cost me $16 to top it up and the guage read just under 3/4 tank so it is very good on fuel, couldn't give you an exact indication but it's definitely good for any situation.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn.... sounds much more economical than my 2. Also got a couple more questions, if you don't mind.

- From the info on the blue plate, your car seems to be an import. Was it imported through you or the owner before you?

- The original engine is non turbo. Was a RB25DET swapped into it by the owner before you?

- If an engine swap was done, were there any engineer's certs for it?

- I know there're no original logbooks as it's an import, but do you have your service history on it?

yeh i dont know why but skylines run really well on fuel, it might just be the ones i've owned.. not sure..

i just found a whole heap of info on the car, i was just browsing the old number plates and came across this.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sa...ed#entry3233745

it is the old owner selling the same car a couple of years ago, i just found out the engine is a series 2 RB25DET, i am a happy man right now, please ANYBODY interested in this click on that link and check out what the car has had done that i was un aware of. "LNah" this should answer any questions you have above.

hey azza my names paul i was wondering if you where interested in a 1993 Toyota celica. it has 182,000km full service history and i also live in albury. the interior is immaculate but there is some clear coat coming off on the roof other than that the body is sweet as sugar and is mechanically good it has over $6000 in receipts for suspension engine re-gasket etc etc there's too much to mention id be here all day . its bone stock standed i am the second owner from new its registered in nsw until April 2011 and get about 700km out of a tank on the highway. if your interested pm me or give me a call on (0423679877)and you can come and have a look for yourself.

cheers pauly

hey azza my names paul i was wondering if you where interested in a 1993 Toyota celica. it has 182,000km full service history and i also live in albury. the interior is immaculate but there is some clear coat coming off on the roof other than that the body is sweet as sugar and is mechanically good it has over $6000 in receipts for suspension engine re-gasket etc etc there's too much to mention id be here all day . its bone stock standed i am the second owner from new its registered in nsw until April 2011 and get about 700km out of a tank on the highway. if your interested pm me or give me a call on (0423679877)and you can come and have a look for yourself.

cheers pauly

hello,

unfortunately i've never really liked the look of the celica's, i've heard they run well and are reliable but im afraid id have to pass on this one, i've also been hoping to swap for something a little bit newer in the last few days, it sounds like you have looked after it really well & good luck to you if your trying to sell it or swap it i'm sure there will be someone on here who is interested in swapping a skyline for a celica. catch ya mate.

no worries i dont mind skylines as they are very nice to drive. normaly i would drive my old 260z its reliable and torquey as all shit for a NA but there seems to be too many idiots out there so i dont drive it very often for fear of it being smashed into good luck with the sale as it is quite a nice car and ive seen it around and its a good example of a well maintained skyline for anyone else interested.

cheers pauly

no worries i dont mind skylines as they are very nice to drive. normaly i would drive my old 260z its reliable and torquey as all shit for a NA but there seems to be too many idiots out there so i dont drive it very often for fear of it being smashed into good luck with the sale as it is quite a nice car and ive seen it around and its a good example of a well maintained skyline for anyone else interested.

cheers pauly

thanks for the kind words paul, there are allof of idiots on the road especially around here, i've driven my car to and from work for the past 6 months nothing more other then the occasional supermarket job for exactly the same reason, if you see me driving give me a wave mate :rofl: cheers.

Hey man

Just got a call finally from my mechanic about my 2. Service's basically done, except that the suspensions (dampers and struts, i think) and ball joints are to be changed. So probably only be able to bring it back either tomorrow or Monday. But I'll be popping down to his shop tomorrow to take a few pictures. So once that's done, I'll post them on and tell me what you think.

bump.

Hey man

Just got a call finally from my mechanic about my 2. Service's basically done, except that the suspensions (dampers and struts, i think) and ball joints are to be changed. So probably only be able to bring it back either tomorrow or Monday. But I'll be popping down to his shop tomorrow to take a few pictures. So once that's done, I'll post them on and tell me what you think.

alright no worries mate, if its easier you can just email them pics if you like.. [email protected].. whatever is easier..

Is this the same car as the one that you blocked off the turbo? and then had problems trying to put the turbo back, then had problems after putting the turbo back?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pu...bo-t300900.html

indeed its the same car & indeed i required some help from other SAU members with more knowledge then me but i dont know where your getting the info that i am still having problems with the car because its been running great ever since, go back and read the end of that forum what i posted the other day & you'll realize theres no problems with the car..

Edited by azzafreddy

You did have problems with it then asked for help on what to do coz the car with turbos is not running like before you ripped the turbos off. No info how it was fixed. Then a couple of months later you said it is running fine now. so how was it fixed?

yeh i i had a faulty ignition lead & it was making the car run bad, one of the lead ends would always cut in and out while i was driving.. i didnt find that out till after i posted all that stuff.. the ignition lead got REPLACED that same week i quoted one genuine for $232 from melbourne & organized to buy one from a SAU member because it was only $60 delivered, i posted in the 'wanted to buy' section asking for anyone with a lead, im sure you can find this if you need to be proven a point.. that was such a minor thing that i didnt even worry about posting it, after i replaced the lead the car was great, all my coil packs & lead got checked on tuesday this week by a mechanic & he replaced where the fault was so everythings great, no problems.. nothing to worry about..