SAU Community

Speed Camera Location Is Useful?

Bariskycord

Ok i had to read that a couple of times to decipher it... But after figuring out what i think you are trying to say, you will find that officers on patrol can setup wherever they feel it is likely they will catch speeders, so it is entirely random.

If u click that link at the top and download the "Speed camera locations to 13 June 2010", maybe u will understand what i ve said....

just want to say i totally forgot there is a radar gun man exist and almost get caught by the radar gun on leach hwy :thumbsup: and remind someone who are using that list as reference...

Speed Camera locations are required to be published, as a notice, because they can't technically take your photo without your permission or notifying you that your picture MAY be taken in a certain area / time. Likewise, red light camera's are sign posted. Speed camera's are MEANT to have a sign before, saying "are you speeding?" (then camera, then sign "anywhere, anytime")

Because handheld radars do not take pictures, they can be set up, anywhere, anytime...without notice or publication.

They're totally random and unpredictable.

The End.

Speed Camera locations are required to be published, as a notice, because they can't technically take your photo without your permission or notifying you that your picture MAY be taken in a certain area / time. Likewise, red light camera's are sign posted. Speed camera's are MEANT to have a sign before, saying "are you speeding?" (then camera, then sign "anywhere, anytime")

Because handheld radars do not take pictures, they can be set up, anywhere, anytime...without notice or publication.

They're totally random and unpredictable.

The End.

thanks nic

'handheld radars do not take pictures', so what kind of evidence they use to charge you? or there are a video recorder associate with the radar?

If u run pass a radar at 110mph how can the officer chase you down? or they just let you go (what the..)

have zero knowledge on the radars sorry for asking too much

ya ignore that plx, i dunno why i wrote in that way......sorry for hurting your brain

It's more the fact that you though you were only able to get caught on those roads listed.

Cops are everywhere, if you think you can wake up in the morning and check that list, and decide you are safe to speed on every road but the ones they say there will be a radar on... you're an idiot.

If u click that link at the top and download the "Speed camera locations to 13 June 2010", maybe u will understand what i ve said....

just want to say i totally forgot there is a radar gun man exist and almost get caught by the radar gun on leach hwy :D and remind someone who are using that list as reference...

Let's re-write that so people understand.

If you click on that link and download the "Speed Camera Locations to 13 June 2010" you will understand what I have just said....

I just wanted to say I totally forgot there was police with a radar guns and I almost got caught by one on leach hwy, just a reminder for anyone who is using that list...

now was that so hard to write so people could understand? either people are getting dumber and dumber these days that they can't even put a sentence together.

Edited by SexycanI

Cops don't even need to show you a reading on their handheld to issue a fine, and they can issue fines withouth a photo, with their partner present who acts as a witness.

Even without their partner (off duty), cops can still issue arrests and shit.

Let's re-write that so people understand.

If you click on that link and download the "Speed Camera Locations to 13 June 2010" you will understand what I have just said....

I just wanted to say I totally forgot there was police with a radar guns and I almost got caught by one on leach hwy, just a reminder for anyone who is using that list...

now was that so hard to write so people could understand? either people are getting dumber and dumber these days that they can't even put a sentence together.

Lol that is still fail English? :D

Hand-helds are lasers..

In-car are radars.. (similar to multinova but a different band)

The cops don't have to show you the reading on the hand-held but if it's spectacular enough they will.. e.g. when I got done as a P-plater for 115 in a 60, he made me get out and look at the reading.. 115kmh 315m away :D

Lol that is still fail English? :domokun:

comparing it to his sentence? which one is more understandable?

most threads lately are full of sentences you can't even understand, go back a page and look at CaM!'s thread about Good Cops.

i know someone who got done doing 90 in a 70 zone with a handheld and they showed him the speed on the display when they waved him down.

Edited by Socrates

most of the time they show you the readout as it instantly elimates any doubt that you were speeding. they go through plenty of people and probably get lots arguing, so its just easier that way.

at the end of the day, if you want to go out for a thrash, know where you can do it with very little chance of getting caught. dont go winding out 3rd on the freeway in the middle of the day.

comparing it to his sentence? which one is more understandable?

most threads lately are full of sentences you can't even understand, go back a page and look at CaM!'s thread about Good Cops.

come on, we are not having an English exam here do we? take it easy, it is our spare time on the internet who having a little chat

I do apologize for what i wrote at the beginning ;)

most of the time they show you the readout as it instantly elimates any doubt that you were speeding. they go through plenty of people and probably get lots arguing, so its just easier that way.

at the end of the day, if you want to go out for a thrash, know where you can do it with very little chance of getting caught. dont go winding out 3rd on the freeway in the middle of the day.

VERY TRUE