SAU Community

Rb25det Strange Miss

Hey guys,

I have an R34 with a 25det neo with fmic, pod, ebc, exhaust and im running the standard ecu. My issue is that im getting a miss at about 1000rpm when im in neutral with approx 5-9% throttle. its a quite noticable pop-pop-pop with no smoke from exhaust, also when im slowly moving in first, again with very low throttle percentage i get the miss,which quickly goes away with some more throttle, I am getting coils replaced soon and have recently done plugs less than 500kms ago and same with oil, coolant etc. Would the coils be the cause of this issue or could there be another problem that I have overlooked...

Thanks in advance,

coils probably arent the issue, when coils go they tend to misfire under high load/boost/rpm. your problem could be a number of things. i'd agree with adriano, check the ecu fault code and go from there. if you take it to a garage make sure you take it somewhere thats experienced at specifically diagnosing these types of faults. i've even seen nissan dealerships mis-diagnose this kind of thing.