SAU Community

Breaking Down Issue

adrnln

Hi all

Down at a private pratice day, my RB20det Ceffy started to break down from 4k rpm right through the rev range I have changed over AFM and ignitor pack with no change. It will free rev most of the time but under load will break down in and out.

What else could it be??

Cheers Billy.

Oh snap I even have an aftermarket part number for you.

Check it before you buy it, but here's an ACA Electrics number:

2CS403N. Suits RB30e's but reckons it may suit all RB up to R34 RB26.

Actually now that I think about it....the amount if disasembling the distributor I had to do .... they could be the same.

I know that RB20E is different to 30E.....hmmm might go check sensor on my DET loom, see if it fits the E.

I got an R33 RB20E dizzy today, it has a ROUND plug but same bolt in formation as RB30E (which is square plug, same as RB20E plug, but different bolt in pattern and slightly larger)

i'd assume plug type differs with age of engine

RB30E and RB20E (A31) are both late 80s....early 90 the Cefiro shifted to the same loom as R32/33, with round plugs in various places (ignitor loom, AFM, etc).

Early model = square plug, late model = round sloppy 'ole ??

I think mine is doing the same :S

So far I'm leaning towards the CAS on my RB25. From 4500 up on a dyno sheet it can be seen where the graph drops off from 145 hp and tries to climb again only to reach a max of 145 @ the rev limit.

• 2 weeks later...