SAU Community

Which piggyback and where?

R324D

Hi All

Well I have finally saved a bit of money to get the computer done on my car, but I don't know which piggyback unit to get or where a good place to get it done is..

Anyone got some feedback as to which system they think is best and reccomend a good place to get it installed?

Thanks

Thanks Evil, have you had any probs what power gain did you get?

cereal: well I have heard it is best just to get a piggyback as it is easier than replacing the whole computer also if you replace the whole computer it is heaps more expansive and if something goes wrong only certain tuners can work on your car???

thats why I am thining piggyback..

well it has never been dynoed but mods are:

Full 3in exaust

turbo upgraded to R33

front mount

GTR plenum and inlet menifold

Air filter

running about 1 bar

ed: I never knew I could do that? would that work just as well as a piggyback, as for power I haven't given it too much thought as I said don't know what it is putting out now...

Hi R324D, my choice would be chip the standard ECU, it's realtively easy on R32s'. Any Chiptorque or Fueltronics dealer should be able to do it, in real time on the dyno. Cost is around $700.

My second choice would be an Apexi Power FC, not easy to get though.

Since the SAFC is fuel only, it does not fix the speed limiter, overboost limiter, ignition timing adjustment and boost correction etc .

Hope that helps.

If you are gong for something like a SAFC II, i'd check out ebay.com

I recently bought one sooo cheap it's not funny.

Brand new (except a display model) off japandy

After all postage and currency conversion, cost me $360 !

The guy is great, packaed it as a present and wrote Happy Birthday on the front.

No taxs at all

Just gotta install the thing which i could do myself and I've heard the tuning side is about 1 hr on a dyno..another $120. Now thats cheap !

About $500 fully installed and tuned. Can't wait to see these graph results :D

I have been looking around at some sites for the chips but can't find one that looks good... I had a look at the fueltronics and chiptorque website but they look as though they are already pretuned. Don't I need one to get tuned for my car because of the mods (plenum etc)?

Is unichip any good?

Because I will probably change the turbo again in about 6 months so I want something that can be re-tuned... thanks for your help.

Hi R324D, the Chiptorque web site lists SAS as their Sydney distributor, give them a call. They have a good rep.

Silverwater Automotive Services

Unit 1 / 141 Silverwater Road

SILVERWATER NSW 2128

Phone: 02 9748 1300

Fax: 02 9647 2805

Email: [email protected]