SAU Community

Bnr32 Dump Mods

Hi guys,

I have been searching and searching and looking some more for a set of dumps for my gtr. I am doing the turbos in the next few weeks (most likely finishing up in the next 2 months) and cannot find any decent dumps...

I am not chasing huge power - max 250rwkw as it is a street car and I want to keep high levels of reliability in it. I have been looking at Tomei, HKS and HPI dumps but all are going for circa $1k - well above what I want to spend on dumps at this stage.

Question is - has anyone tried opening up the standard r32 dumps by porting? Is there such a huge difference between the r32 and r34 dumps (well enough that it couldnt be remedied with some hours with a die grinder? I have no qualms taking to them with a die grinder and have done basic port matching before.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Factory R34 dumps, even R33 dumps will do 350rwkw without a problem. R34 ones i've seen basically get to 400rwkw without a problem.

R32 are a bit more restrictive, but given the power you want is the same as what stock turbos could do... i doubt you'll get much value of out spending $500+

If anything just get R33 dumps, will cost you what, $50 and no time taking meat out. :D

All grinding them is going to do is weaken them anyway.

I run factory R33 dumps with my HKS GT-SS, make 280rwkw @ 15/16psi with response/results exactly idential to those with big aftermarket items fitted.

Indeed. I have bought one of the kits of ebay and will rebuild them myself and then have them professionally balanced.

I know its not the best option compared to say a set of -9s, but it'll be a good experience and suit the amount of power I am looking for.

Not really, it's all the same as I spoke to you last, it needs to be done but definatly after the upcoming mechanical mods :blink:

Also need to get rails for the carbon seat soon too

• 2 weeks later...