SAU Community

Is It Worth Stroking

turboedsloth

oil pump failure like that can be from a combination of two things, tight clearances, perfhaps too tight + oil too thick

what oil were you using?

haha bubbas answer to all problems in life is a rb30det conversion :P

Edited by snozzle

Sounds like a pretty good answer to a problem haha. Scored a 30 bottom end today for 50 beans looks to be in good condition tho, might be the way to go and tuck the 25 under the bench somewhere.

Is anyone around here using the Nitto oil pump and other nitto gear?

nah not yet but im planning to buy a nitto oil pump.

Was using motul 8100 5w40, measured my crank collars thickness on the flats to be 41.1mm .. and from the jigsaw puzzle of a oil pump, the gap is about 42mm on the flats

where did you score the block from?? my blocks only good for 40 thou now since is has some scratches in the bores.. chasing a new crank/block if anyone knows anyone that has one..

Jarrod

anyway u look at it comes down to how much $$ u got, rb30s arent as cheap as ppl lay out (ask my wallet)

it depends if u wanna do it right or if u wanna do it dodgy n replace ur 30e bottom end 1ce a year.

if u do go down that path come buy an rb25 head off me i have 2 spares

anyway u look at it comes down to how much $$ u got, rb30s arent as cheap as ppl lay out (ask my wallet)

it depends if u wanna do it right or if u wanna do it dodgy n replace ur 30e bottom end 1ce a year.

if u do go down that path come buy an rb25 head off me i have 2 spares

The fact that it's an RB30 doesn't really have anything to do with cost unless it's going in a 4WD.

Rebuilding costs are rebuilding costs, if you're building an engine for a RWD application then the difference between building a 25 you have or turning it in to a 30 is $50-100 for the RB30E.

If you're putting it in a 4WD (GTS4/GTR) then you're up for the cost of the sump adapter.

It's the actually rebuilding in general that people don't realise costs time and money :)

agree and disagree

good find with the 30 bottom end!

i love how ppl say "u can find rb30's for $50!" took me 3 months to find one n cost alot more than $50.-wreckers even wanted $750 for a 30e in a written off VL!

if ur going to build/forge go 30det over 2.7ltr but yeah there are things to consider: compression, height, modifying the head, vct etc, head gasket, engine not licensed etc etc etc did my head in for about 6months, glad its almost over! :)

Edited by Char

The wreckers down here wanted a lot for a bare block, but there are that many dardy people down here it wouldnt take much to find one. Why wouldnt you be able to licence the 30 engine?

The RTA do that 15% engine increase dont they?

30s can be found cheap, just gonna hunt around. i ended up buying a complete s3 31 and selling a few bits off it, made money from it and got a good motor for free.

if you can do all the work yourself (apart from head welding and machining) and do your research it wont cost more than a few hundred for the actual motor