SAU Community

Hid's

ripstah

I had a pair of Supervision Deluxe's in my old Accord - didn't like 'em too much - too directional and not dispersed enough

Currently have 6000k Phillips HIDs in my coupe and love em (good spread and good intensity). Would like to go a bit brighter (around 7000k) but they do the job - so +1 to Phillips. ;)

I sourced 'em through a mate who was doing a bulk buy so will find out where he got them from and will get back to you.

P.S - that link David posted is really good!

sweet... thanks for the site!

and yeh if you could find out where he got them from :D

btw, i want the lights aswell where u got your number plate :)

looking through couple pics and came through this

looked hot, wanted something similar to that ?

post-67465-1285598119_thumb.jpg

Got my number plate lights from Jaycar Electronics, costed me like $5-$10. :P They're just white LEDs (U can get blue, red, yellow etc)

That pic you posted is pretty sweet. Is your V35 a 2006 model? If you notice, they've got projector lights, which only got featured on the '06 and newer models :/ And Projectors + HIDs = Even Better LOL. Majority of the V's in Aus though are pre '06.

If you have a look at the black one - it's running 6000K HIDs, a more whiteish tinge to the light. 6700K and above get a bit more blueish (the second pic). Have a look and see which ones you prefer. I think the legal limit in Aus is 6000K, but I could be wrong (who cares right? :P).

post-64544-1285603229_thumb.jpg

post-64544-1285603242_thumb.jpg

sweet... thanks for the site!

and yeh if you could find out where he got them from :cool:

btw, i want the lights aswell where u got your number plate :)

looking through couple pics and came through this

looked hot, wanted something similar to that ?

post-67465-1285598119_thumb.jpg

Spoke to my mate. He got them from www.gadgetmaster.com.au

I had a brief look, doesn't look like they stock the Phillips kits, however that being said, I think the current kits they stock look pretty decent.

Have a look.

I had a pair of Supervision Deluxe's in my old Accord - didn't like 'em too much - too directional and not dispersed enough

Currently have 6000k Phillips HIDs in my coupe and love em (good spread and good intensity). Would like to go a bit brighter (around 7000k) but they do the job - so +1 to Phillips. :)

I sourced 'em through a mate who was doing a bulk buy so will find out where he got them from and will get back to you.

P.S - that link David posted is really good!

A little bit off topic but 6000k refers to the colour temperature not the brightness so 7000k doesn't mean they will be brighter. Just means they are further away from being "daylight" colour and closer to the blue spectrum. 5200K is a much more of a natural colour temperature.

Well the colour rating also indirectly affects the lumen output of the lamp. The higher you go up the colour range, the less lumens outputted.

To go brighter really, you need to move down the colour scale.

Output is generally optimum at around 4300-6000k. Any higher and you start losing light output and it will get harder to perceive 'depth' as it's hard to render with the blue/purple light.

I had factory hids and they were 4300k. Almost a perfect match to sunlight, slightly yellow and very easy to 'perceive' things at night.

I have 4300k in mine.

If you want a "whiter" look, then aim slightly higher, but as said, the higher the color rating the worse the visibility will be.

There is a reason that 4300k is the choice for factory cars.

A little bit off topic but 6000k refers to the colour temperature not the brightness so 7000k doesn't mean they will be brighter. Just means they are further away from being "daylight" colour and closer to the blue spectrum. 5200K is a much more of a natural colour temperature.

Agreed. Not sure why I used the word "brighter". ;)

My lights are bright as it is, however, there's something sexy about going a little bit into the blue part of the spectrum. Just a tad bit not ridiculously blue.

Cheers for pointing that out though :)

• 2 weeks later...
what are 'projectors' ?

is there like normal HID's and HID - Projectors ?

HIDs are the types of bulbs. Instead of burning a filament, IIRC there's a gas inside the globe, and when you pass a current through it, the particles are excited and they emit a light. The color of the light, by the sounds of things, is dependent on the voltage being passed through it (which is strange because I thought it'd be affected by the gas?)

The projectors are convex lenses which refract light back down onto the road. You know how you pass people and get blinded by their headlights? The HIDs lessen the impact of that.

Because HIDs are VERY bright, it's a considerate action to shine them through projectors so people don't swerve towards you, as has happened to me. :ermm:

Rough throw-together; http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Hi...ad-t339646.html

Edited by SKITTLES

what are 'projectors' ?

is there like normal HID's and HID - Projectors ?

Projector lights are a type of housing for your headlight. They come in both halogen and HID form. They use elliptical reflectors which allow a more accurate light dispersal (some argue 'brighter' too) than normal headlights using parabolic reflectors - in practice they are similar to how a slide projector would work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#Proj...soidal.29_lamps

Projectors headlights with HIDs are the bomb!

yeh show us a photo :)

so i want Projector HID's 6000k..

any hope that i can go to that sells them and installs ?

lol

If you want projectors, you're going to have to buy the '06-'08 projector headlights online. Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-G35-COU...sQ5fAccessories

There are various companies which make after-market projectors with HIDs (e.g. cincity designs) - however, I think they're pretty pricy. Also, if you order them from the US you might have to check if you can adjust them since the light would be directed the other way (cuz they drive on the other side). That's all I know - maybe Jacob has more insight into this.

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...