SAU Community

Whats Your Opinion

Hi all,

Just thinking of purchasing a daily + little mods on the car.

Looking around 13k and below. So far I am looking at R34 Sedan and the V35 250GT Sedan models.

What is more better in your opinion for a daily use car. + I would do some light mods e.g. pod, suspension, exhaust, rims.

Never been on a V35 so I thought I might ask this section.

I'm all ears :)

Hi all,

Just thinking of purchasing a daily + little mods on the car.

Looking around 13k and below. So far I am looking at R34 Sedan and the V35 250GT Sedan models.

What is more better in your opinion for a daily use car. + I would do some light mods e.g. pod, suspension, exhaust, rims.

Never been on a V35 so I thought I might ask this section.

I'm all ears :)

My opinion is:

(V35 250GT sedan)

Pros:

- Luxury

- Newer

- Will turn heads with just lowered, rims and dark tint.

Cons:

- Slower than R34 GT-T sedan

- Not too good in resale.

(R34 GT/GT-T sedan)

- Turbo, so more mods available.

- Sportier look

- Abit better in resale.

Cons:

- Older

- Will have to make lots of mods to turn heads.

Good luck.

Edited by Victor.T

^ Cheers mate, that was really helpful.

It sucks how I can't afford the V35 Coupe otherwise I would've gone for that straight up.

Am considering the 250gt eh, don't really care bout which is faster as I won't be using it for racing o.O =)

It sucks how I can't afford the V35 Coupe otherwise I would've gone for that straight up.

Am considering the 250gt eh, don't really care bout which is faster as I won't be using it for racing o.O =)

If you really want the coupe, try saving up abit for it and just get a car with good resale for now. They are very cheap compare to when I got mine. I think you can get a decent one for ($24k to $32k).

You can't actually compare V35 coupe to sedan...different look, drivability, etc.

I am poor now too...from modifiying the car. :)

At the end of the day, it's your choice. For me, I love mine.

Good luck again.

(P.S: Don't forget to post up pics after). :D

Edited by Victor.T

Agree with Victor - try save up for the coupe.

However, if it's fuel economy, travelling with a few mates (coupe can be a bit of a pain for that) and you aren't after the pleasure of going around corners, quick acceleration etc then go the 250GT.

Also, another CON for the R34 is that the ride won't be as supple as the 250GT - it'll ride a bit firmer and if you're really after a luxury 4-door and don't care about speed too much - 250GT/300GT/350GT sedans are the way to go. I think the 300GT with the direct injection would be an awesome car - it's got a bit more pwr than the 250GT and has way better fuel economy than the 350GT.

OR...If you want sex on wheels - go the coupe ;-)

Team coupe for me!!!

Remember its your daily drive, better off saving for something you want and love than to just have something...but then again you might end up loving the sedan after modifying it.

I think its time for a test drive for you to help you make your decision.

Agree with Victor - try save up for the coupe.

However, if it's fuel economy, travelling with a few mates (coupe can be a bit of a pain for that) and you aren't after the pleasure of going around corners, quick acceleration etc then go the 250GT.

Also, another CON for the R34 is that the ride won't be as supple as the 250GT - it'll ride a bit firmer and if you're really after a luxury 4-door and don't care about speed too much - 250GT/300GT/350GT sedans are the way to go. I think the 300GT with the direct injection would be an awesome car - it's got a bit more pwr than the 250GT and has way better fuel economy than the 350GT.

OR...If you want sex on wheels - go the coupe ;-)

^^ +1 for sex on wheels. :)

Try the 300GT sedan instead, better power than the 250, not as much as the 350 but a very good compromise

GT-T - 2.5 L RB25DET NEO turbo I6, 280 hp (206 kW, 343 N m)

250GT - 2.5 L VQ25DD V6, 215 PS (158 kW, 270 N m)

300GT - 3.0 L VQ30DD V6, 260 PS (191 kW, 324 N m)

350GT Coupe - 3.5 L VQ35DE V6, 280 PS (206 kW, 363 N m)

Edited by rayh1

Hi guys, thx for all the input.

Will post pics up when I get the car =)

Am looking for 300gt but dunno if any exist here in melbourne lol.

Am also considering the Lancer MY08 ES.

Possibility I'll go for the 250gt as I need a car by the end of this month =)

I would go with the V35, very good package straight out of the box, add your own special touches to make it yours.

The newer V series engines are much better in a lot of areas in comparison to the old inline 6 tractor engine, and yes the RB engines are good, the V series engines are better! :D

Go for a V! I've had my 300GT sedan for about 3 months now, absolutely beautiful car to drive. Handling, economy, features - I can't complain about a thing on it. There's plenty of 250/300GT's in Melbourne!!

ie,

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/NISSAN/S...904676&pt=1

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/NISSAN/S...904676&pt=1

Yep 300Gt is a great car, had mine for about 3 months too, better economy than my old R32 M Spec Turbo and performance isbetter too Add that to way better comfort and a good size boot as well plus more modern looks its the only way to go.

^thanks guys. yeah will look into getting a 300gt if not 250gt :P

get the coupe mate, considering to sell mine, an 03 white auto with 52000km on the clock and nice 18'' 370Z wheels with ADVAN sport as well as the new front DBA 4000 series rotors, rear RDA rotors, new street pads all round, also include the original 17'' with road tyres. pm if interested for details and price, or maybe exchange yours with mine.

leaving sydney soon. =D