SAU Community

Brake Combo For 2004 V35 Coupe

Project Mu make factory pad sizes in several types of friction material compounds. their 2 piece rotors ARE exy, but well worth it

ive combined RDA slotted rotors with project mu pads (NR and NS) and they were effing awesome. so much so that ive done it again with my stagea. i hope they arrive next week!

+1 for RDA slotted rotors! They are awesome - was a bit tight on cash when I needed new pads so I opted for Ferrodo Thermoquiets (front) and Ferrodo DS3000 (rear) and was extremely surprised at how good they were. Would still like to put on Project Mu's but will have to wait till I need em changed ;)

I did a track day with the RDAs and found em to be pretty good. Don't think you need to go cross-drilled / bigger calipers - 4 pots are more than enough for the street.

Good luck!

Edited by diabolique

when they were hot the NRs made some noises, and dust was a bit of an issue. but they bit hard every time. this was on my S15s. they didnt squeal if thats what youre worried about?

This time ive gone for a lower temp pad because i wont be pushing the stagea as hard. there is a local seller too which is handy. Prices are pretty good IMO.

www.project-mu.com.au

if youre sticking with stock rotors, the series two V35s have larger brakes.

no i dont work there lol

Cool. I will look into those as well. As long as they don't squeal, it should be ok.

Thanks for the information, mate. I will post up when I made my choice.

+1 for RDA slotted rotors! They are awesome - was a bit tight on cash when I needed new pads so I opted for Ferrodo Thermoquiets (front) and Ferrodo DS3000 (rear) and was extremely surprised at how good they were. Would still like to put on Project Mu's but will have to wait till I need em changed ;)

I did a track day with the RDAs and found em to be pretty good. Don't think you need to go cross-drilled / bigger calipers - 4 pots are more than enough for the street.

Good luck!

Thanks Tarun.

Looks like RDA's are a good choice for many import owners. :)

$59 brembo's, if u just want the look. I was thinking about getting white ones but the look on my mechanics face when he would see them at my next service put me off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infiniti-G3...=item230b0f2175

It's good for the looks.

But nah, I think I will pass this idea. :ermm:

It's good for the looks.

But nah, I think I will pass this idea. :ermm:

Had some covers on my car were fine for daily driving

one trip to the track caused them to melt lol so I pulled them off

About RDA rotors I had them on my car but they cracked on me after one track day

Ferodo DS2500 pads FTW however be carefull with them if you have VDC on at the track as they can chew through a rotor if VDC keeps grabbing one of your discs

About RDA rotors I had them on my car but they cracked on me after one track day

Ferodo DS2500 pads FTW however be carefull with them if you have VDC on at the track as they can chew through a rotor if VDC keeps grabbing one of your discs

Thanks for the info, mate.

I am not tracking my V so won't be having those problems. So you use Ferodo DS2500 pads with RDA rotors and stock calipers?

+1 on the Ferodo or Benidix, i had both and they are really good on with the non brembo stock calipers. As for the red look just go buy a can of caliper paint from supercheap auto and paint them any color you want

Thanks for the info, mate.

I am not tracking my V so won't be having those problems. So you use Ferodo DS2500 pads with RDA rotors and stock calipers?

I had RDA with stocko pads however after a trip to the track the pads were gone "were replaced by nissan only 15k before the track day" and the RDAs cracked

now using DBA4000 slotted/heat treated with Ferodo DS2500 on the front, DBA blanks on the rear with Hawk ceramic pads also had my fluid flushed with MOTUL RBF 600 FACTORY LINE, using stock calipers.

Iv had no issues with this set up on the street. They work great on the track "much better pedal feel/no fade" however make sure you turn VDC off otherwise you will end up chewing the front left disc if your doing lots of high speed right hand turns and the reverse if your doing high speed left hand turns at the track

The sprint sessions I do at Queensland raceway are only 5 or 6 laps so the stocko calipers do the job just fine with the better pads/discs. However if I was doing more than 10 laps there may be a need to upgrade as I think eventualy the heat would get too much for the non brembo sized discs/calipers

Edited by 180 wanabe