SAU Community

Differences Between R33 And R34 Clutch Line

PM-R33

What exactly is the difference between a R33 GTST and R34 GTT clutch line?

I know the gearbox uses a different slave cylinder due to the push/pull clutch difference (maybe the master is different?). But with an aftermarket braided clutch line that simply is a certain length with a fitting on each end, would there be a difference?

The length of the line would have to be the same so it is simply the fittings that I need to know about. The master cylinder would most likely use the same fitting between the models so really it comes down to the slave cylinder.

Does any one know if the fittings are the same? For reference here is a picture of the braided clutch line on a R33 GTST.

post-35676-1289314013_thumb.jpg

Reason I want to know is that Hel do not make a clutch line for the GTT as they have never seen one, however I am sure the GTST one would have to fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by PM-R33

Hmm interesting. When you say the other side of the clutch fork hole, where exactly is that?

I looked on Just Jap's website and this is the GTST one

http://justjap.com/store/images/P/30620-21U23.jpg

So it still bolts onto the same location? Therefore the line would only be marginally different in length?

Edited by PM-R33

As far as I know the pull type slave actually pushes the fork in the other direction (from rear towards the front meaning the fork pulls the clutch to release and doesn't push). So the slave cylinder is mounted at the rear of the hole that the fork protrudes from. It uses different holes to bolt up, possibly already blanked bosses present on non pull type boxes?

Looks to me like the R34 clutch line would have to be longer. Going by the picture on Just Jap it looks like the thread is on on the rear side of that too.

Edited by Mister25t