SAU Community

Quickest V35 Qr Sprint Track Time?

Hey guys

Had a fantastic day @ QR and pulled a 102.48 on the sprint track, previous best was a 103.67

Still running an open diff with the 5 speed auto :D ... quaife still hasent arrived yet! :/

Was just wondering of anyone knows what the current lap record for a V35/350Z is on the QR sprint track?

I googeled this page which has some V35 times in the 105s with the best NA 350Z doing a 102.20

Edited by 180 wanabe

Well done. What a great time. Tell us what mods have you done and what tyres were you using.

By the way my time was one of the 1.05's in a stock 4dr sedan on street tyres (bridgestone re050a's 17inch and only 215/55)

Well done. What a great time. Tell us what mods have you done and what tyres were you using.

By the way my time was one of the 1.05's in a stock 4dr sedan on street tyres (bridgestone re050a's 17inch and only 215/55)

Cheers mate, we should go do a sprint day 2gether in the future

Toyo R888s 245 40 R18 all round

Not many mods nothing hardcore anyway

whiteline swaybars front and back "front soft, rear med"

Ferodo DS2500 pads + DBA 4000 slotted fronts "non brembo" - pretty much maxing these out now keeping my eyes out for an upgrade if a bargin comes along

DBA blanks rear with Hawk ceramic pads

Z tube "not that I think this did all that much"

Tranny cooler

Everything else on my car is stock, im actually pretty happy how the car handels with the stock springs/struts

I just got a card in the mail today to tell me that my diff has FINALY arrived, however I wont get a chance to test the car with the diff installed untill next year as the last sprint session is on Wednesday and I wont have time to get it fitted

I have a plenum spacer waiting to go on the car but ill get this done at the same time the diff gets put in. I'll also get the plugs changed as they are the factory ones with 80k on them

The only other thing im thinking of doing is getting some camber arms as QR likes to munch the outside of your left tyres

Is your 4 door a 6 speed ?

105 is about what I was doing with regular road tyres

I'm keen on headin up there for a play aswell, I have got a couple of little mods and I'm keen on going for a play. Put a post up before the next one and we should organise a few V35 to head up to QR

I did a post a few months back when I was going to the track but no one replied so I thought everyone on here was either far far away from SE QLD or just a bunch of soft cocks :D

Theres one one 2morow "wednesday 1/12/10 if anyones keen for a last minuet run make sure your at QR before 1230

Cheers mate, we should go do a sprint day 2gether in the future

Is your 4 door a 6 speed ?

Yep 4dr is a 6speed with only rda slotted front rotors and qfm a1rm performance pads all round . I do have the nissan viscous lsd as std and it is great on the skid pan at Gympie with the SAU QLD guys.

Sounds like you are still running with the std speed limiter in place. If so at 1.02.48 you must be right on the fuel cut coming into turn one?

I tried to better my time at the Nissan day pm session in october but unfortunately it rained big time and we never got off the clubman circuit.

I have not heard of anyone quicker than you including the guy running his modified 370Z on semis in the time attack 2010 series so again well done.

My spedo is a nismo 280kph cluster by the start of turn one after coming down the straight it says Im doing 180 however i think that my wheel/tyres make it read faster than im going, I know from my Iphone GPS/speed app that @ 120 im doing 110kph so Id say that 180 would be more like 170ish

Id love to pull a flat 60 some day, but I dont think that theres much of a way of me getting there without getting more power or drasticaly reducing weight

also forgot to mention in the mods list I run a nismo cat back