SAU Community

V35 350Gt Coincidence ?

hey guys,

recently started looking at cars for when i get my green P plates in january next year again

and the problem that has come up was that i am now looking at either the 350GT V35 skyline

i have chosen this car as it has essencially everything i look for in a car

problem is that on the rta website ( nsw ) it says its p plate prohibited... however i see have seen a great deal of people driving 350 gts on green and red p plates

now some may have got the car before the law came in but i doubt all of them did so i was thinking is it possible that all of these other drivers have got exemptions

or are we allowed to drive this car on p plates cause i have seen too many for it to be a coincidence

so if any body can shed some light on this that would be greatly appreciated

and also if we arnt allow what are some reasons i can use to get an exemption for this vehicle btw i work at nissan atm as a apprenticeship mechanic

so if theres anything i can play around with that or any other ways i can get an exemption for the 350GT or 350Z even that would be great

cheers guys

mmm I know I don't want to be breaking the law but likee I don't think that so many of them would have exemptions or driving them eligally

Buhh I mean I was hoping someone could help me find a way to get an exemption or reasons I could provide and if me working for nissan themselves would help my cause

=S

• Nope 1

You neg'd me for that post hahaha

Well if you actually search the forum about p plate exemptions you will find it is as i said "don't bother" it is difficult to get an exemption.. and if you did you would be imposed with set restrictions.. if i was you i would start with going back to school.. learning english..

Hi mate,

I don't know all the laws in all the states, but I also think it's best to wait for a car of what you really want. 2-3 years of P-plate will go quick, plus you can save up during that time to do the mods you want later on. I waited for mine too until I can afford it and do the mods later on.

Good luck.

Edited by Victor.T

sorry if i offended u in any way ... but yeah i was typing that on my phone so theres bound to be mistakes

and as for saving up for the car that i really want, i mean i have the money pretty much ready to go ( 1 and a bit years of hard saving like working 50 + hours a week and just recently working at nissan and my other part time job up to 17 hours a day 6 days a week

so i guess i owe it to myself to get the car that i really want now

and plus with the V35 u can do a few things to them when i get off p plates too =)

sorry if i offended u in any way ... but yeah i was typing that on my phone so theres bound to be mistakes

and as for saving up for the car that i really want, i mean i have the money pretty much ready to go ( 1 and a bit years of hard saving like working 50 + hours a week and just recently working at nissan and my other part time job up to 17 hours a day 6 days a week

and plus with the V35 u can do a few things to them when i get off p plates too =)

Wow. You work really hard, mate.

It's good to see that, although you work at Nissan and get to know and work on all kinds of ADM cars, you still have interest in imports.

Anyhow, you could try calling up your state transport department if you want to know about what cars you can legally drive. If V35 is on that list, you probably have to wait until you get off your P.

cops r dumb.... i have the exemption ;) and ive had countless RBT's, they dont ask for to see the exemption. And i know for a fact its not in the police data base because the RTA doesnt link information like that. So unless u get pulled over by a knowledgeable highway patrol cop u should be sweet. And if ur in NSW the vehicle was added on the list May 2010. Although its not even on the list its just briefly mentioned its a variant of the 350z and is a gray import. Its not on any RTA prohibited list.

mmm i try work as hard as i can push myself cause i dont like getting things off my parents i earn everything that i own myself and it makes me feel good about it later on .. and yer im just an apprentice mechanic at nissan but i still love imports so muchh i mean working at nissan its just like 4x4s and tiidas and micras nothing that really floats my boat or anyone elses boat xP

a nice 350 popped in yesterday thouugh

mmm jawrgy so that means that if i were to get a 350GT and drive it on p plates i should be sweet cause i am in nsw ?

or would i run into trouble later on when it does get added ? ( i am in nsw )

and like what worries me is that if u go on to the rta website it says on p plate regulations or something

that p platers are also restricted from driving high performance 6 cylinder cars such as 350z and G35 V35 350GT and any grey import or something like that

but it is true that i can find it on any probited list

just dont want to risk getting i think a 700 dollar fine and 3 points ...

mmm i try work as hard as i can push myself cause i dont like getting things off my parents i earn everything that i own myself and it makes me feel good about it later on .. and yer im just an apprentice mechanic at nissan but i still love imports so muchh i mean working at nissan its just like 4x4s and tiidas and micras nothing that really floats my boat or anyone elses boat xP

a nice 350 popped in yesterday thouugh

mmm jawrgy so that means that if i were to get a 350GT and drive it on p plates i should be sweet cause i am in nsw ?

or would i run into trouble later on when it does get added ? ( i am in nsw )

and like what worries me is that if u go on to the rta website it says on p plate regulations or something

that p platers are also restricted from driving high performance 6 cylinder cars such as 350z and G35 V35 350GT and any grey import or something like that

but it is true that i can find it on any probited list

just dont want to risk getting i think a 700 dollar fine and 3 points ...

Yeah, better be sure than find it the hard way later on.

But I swear I saw on one of Hot4s magazine 5-6 months ago that V35 is on the list of P-plate legal car. :dry:

Have you thought of using some of that money to do advanced driver courses??

You have a yr of driving under your belt and you want to move to a performance car...not trying to be harsh or anything mate just have had mates do similar things and now they arnt among us anymore and for what?

If you look at it with the money you will continue to save you could still get the V35 after 2yrs at a better price or something else that catches your fancy and have extra to put in to it :)

cops r dumb.... i have the exemption ;) and ive had countless RBT's, they dont ask for to see the exemption. And i know for a fact its not in the police data base because the RTA doesnt link information like that. So unless u get pulled over by a knowledgeable highway patrol cop u should be sweet. And if ur in NSW the vehicle was added on the list May 2010. Although its not even on the list its just briefly mentioned its a variant of the 350z and is a gray import. Its not on any RTA prohibited list.

Taken from RTA website:

P1/P2 licence holders are also restricted from driving the following 6-cylinder vehicles:

• BMW M and M3.
  • Honda NSX.
  • Nissan 350Z and 370Z (including private or 'grey' import variants eg. Infiniti G35, Infiniti G37, Skyline 350GT (V35), Skyline 370GT (V36)).
  • All Porsches from 1994 models onwards (except diesel).
  • Mercedes Benz SLK350

There is your answer to if it is restricted or not.

Just found out the guy I have been talking to can get me the exemption cept he said it won't be worth it cause apparently even if I have an exemption the cops can still book me for it. Is that really the case ?

Yes, cops can book you anytime at any place they want (Just like making your vehicle un-roadworthly if they believe so).

Edited by Victor.T

Just found out the guy I have been talking to can get me the exemption cept he said it won't be worth it cause apparently even if I have an exemption the cops can still book me for it. Is that really the case ?

do u mind me asking how u can get an exemption so easily for a 2 door coupe sports car?? its not like u can say that it is "needed" for work like a v8 ute. I thought the only way to get the exemption is if u owned it prior to it being put on the prohibited list.

Meaning they can't book me for driving it if I have an exemption but if they wanted to thell find other ways to book me ?

No. They might still be able to book you because it's on the the restricted vehicle list for P1/P2 drivers, so there's still a big risk.

Edited by Victor.T

They will not give you an exemption.. It's not how the exemption works.. If you let's say worked for holden as their mechanic.. Part of your job requires you to drive customers cars.. They will give you an exemption to drive those cars during your hours of work.. And this doesnot include your own personal vehicle.. you will be exempt to drive during work hours..

So if you bought a V35 and the cops pulled you over at 8pm.. You can't exactly say your working..

Edited by .:: GimpS-R34 ::.